Epilogue; Yours And Mine

Start from the beginning

"Huh?" X asked.

"You know, keyblade capital?" Y asked. X stared at her blankly. "Master Eraqus trained there. I think he said it's empty now, and near impossible to get to. But I bet that's where everything on the keyblade war is."

"Hm, never heard of it," X said.

"Really?" Y asked. X rolled his eyes.

"Why the tone of surprise?" He asked.

"You always knew everything," Y said without a pause. She frowned and looked at her brother carefully. "Why is that?"

"Just read a lot. And retained it," X said with a shrug. Panic flared up in him. If she caught on to his lie here it would be over. He had to push aside Aryum's nagging voice. It was better this way. No matter what she said.

"For later use. Right," y said. She didn't sound convinced, but she was going to let it slide. X sighed heavily closing all of the books. He would put them back, but it was a waste of energy. They would put themselves back eventually.

"I guess this can wait until tomorrow," he said. Though tomorrow would really just be later in the day after he got a chance to rest a little. He didn't sleep much. He attracted too many Nightmares.

"Good," Y said as she pushed herself up. She kept the blanket draped around her shoulders like a cape. She walked over to X, holding out her hand. "You coming?"

"Yeah," he said taking her hand. Y smiled and threw the blanket over X's shoulders as well, leaning into him as they left the library.

The halls of the tower were empty. Even the brooms were nowhere in sight. X wasn't sure if Master Yen Sid was asleep. Or if the sorcerer even slept in the first place. 

He was grateful to Yen Sid. They had nowhere to go, as annoying as Aryum was, she was right about that. X had thought about Castle Oblivion, but he didn't want to force Y to spend any more time in that tomb. She had stayed there too long already in his opinion. Yen Sid had offered them a place with him. And it was the best place they could ask for.

"X, would you ever turn on me?" Y asked suddenly. X frowned and looked at his sister.

"What?" X asked.

"I just. I can count on you, right? You won't ever just leave me?" Y asked. She sounded scared, like she had been all those years ago. The first time they had separated. X suppressed a shudder at the memory.

"Never," X said firmly. "I'd die before leaving you or hurting you ever again."

"You promise?" Y asked quietly.

"Promise," X said. "What's wrong?" She never had these questions before. Not since he had proven himself again. But, she had been strange since the world that never was. Since they had defeated Xemnas. Well, Sora and Riku had.

"Aryum, she just said something weird and I didn't think it was that big of a deal at first. But it's been gnawing at me since she said it," Y said with a shrug. X narrowed his eyes. Aryum had a knack for picking the one thing that would do just that. Just like she had with him.

"And what did she say?" X asked.

"She said I can only trust myself. Even your shadow leaves you in darkness," Y said. The words fell out so easily, X suspected she had been repeating them to herself nonstop.