Chapter 6- Lili Mae

"Soooo? Besides Joe crashing your date, did it like go well?" Vanessa inquired, as she was driving me home from the Mantle's house. We had just dropped my brother off at his apartment.

"I mean, overall it was pretty decent." I shrugged. "I think it would have gone a lot better if Joe wasn't there, though." Joe had basically tried to sabotage the date. Buuuut on the other hand, I did get to ride on Adam's shoulders. And he was surprisingly pretty fit.

"Yeah, sorry about that." Vanessa winced.

"So why were you in the bathroom so long?" I raised an eyebrow at her and crossed my arms, attempting to come off as a overly concerned mom.

"Honestly, I was just wandering the halls after awhile." Vanessa shrugged. "I know I've been there a few times, but there's literally so much to explore!"

"Yeah, I suppose that's true." We finally pulled up to my house. "Well thanks for the ride... and the sleepover.... and for setting me up on a date." I stated nervously, as I got out of the car.

"Anytime, girlfriend!" Vanessa started to drive off, and I saw her texting already.

"And don't text and drive!" I yelled. She just waved the back of her hand at me. One of these days she was going to get into an accident. I rolled my eyes and walked into my house. Since my brothers moved into their apartment last year, the house was often eerily quiet. Mom and dad were probably running Pop's right now.

————————————————

I took a shower to freshen up, then I decided to chill out in my bedroom and started reading one of the books that Adam had given me. As much as I loved my favorite author, I really wanted to read the one about Riverdale. I mean, who writes about Riverdale?! It's literally the most boring city in the entire world. Also, as much as I loved reading about supernatural events, they weren't even close to being real. Although I must admit it did get really interesting. I'm a fast reader, so I practically finished the book in an entire night. I was so engaged in the book that I hadn't realized what time it was, or how dark it had gotten outside, until I heard a door slam. I jolted upright and saw just how dark my room had gotten. I checked the clock and it was hitting 9pm already. As much as I wanted to see who had slammed the door, I'm sure it was just my parents getting home from work, I had to finish this book! There were zombies, sharks, and vampires! The main character was my favorite. He had stood by his girlfriend through thick and thin, between not wanting to have sex until marriage, their parents going to jail, to dealing with the death of her sister during the zombie apocalypse mind you, to getting engaged and married at like 16, to weirdo shark gods on their honeymoon, and vampires not long after! The main character is essentially boyfriend goals. Also, it oddly enough mirrored some of my parents life situations.... my grandparents are all in jail.... my mother and father adopted JJ at 16... and got married at 16... wait a second. Did someone base this book loosely off of my parents life?!? Because as exciting as the supernatural aspect of the book was, it wasn't real. But the life events surrounding the characters were sure as heck familiar sounding...

Then, I got to the last chapter. It was all about the main characters moving out of town, because the supernatural aspect of Riverdale got to be too much. My parents moved to Greendale right after Joe was born...

I kept on reading. On the very last page, there was a forward from this anonymous author.

To whoever is reading this,

Thank you for taking the time to read my little novel, surrounding Jason Blossom's death. As crazy as it sounds, all of these events were real. From my love for my wife, to the zombies. While I changed up the names of the characters, I did base everything solely on the description of my life events as a teenager. People will tell you that the supernatural isn't real... but it is. It is very real and it was brought to Riverdale nearly 20 years ago. Most people have pushed the memories of it to the side and long forgotten about it, while others just fear talking about it. I personally wrote this to warn of the dangers that our town has been in before, so that we can learn from it and use this knowledge as necessary for the future, if Sabrina ever comes back. This is not a Halloween book, but I do warn you to beware what is out there. Thanks again for reading.