Part 35

Chapter 35

“No, the Fallen cannot hurt me.” Celeste mumbled as she leaned forward in her seat.  She stared at the creatures circling her home with a sense of unease clouding her mind.  There was something different about them, something wrong with them.  “What are they?”

“Fallen,” Innocence repeated.  “They’re the only creatures with black wings.”

Aidirian followed Celeste’s movements, staring up at the things that were flying in all directions.  “Celeste is right.”  He leaned closer, placing his hand on the windshield.  “There is something wrong with them.  I can feel it.”

Celeste nodded along with his words.  “They’re not Fallen.  Even when you are Fallen, you have a sembalance of freedom.  These,” she paused.  What would she call those things circling her home?

“Call your Uncle,” Aidirian interrupted.

“Aidirian,” Celeste said while shaking her head, “I’m not calling him.”

He turned towards her, but there was no expression on his face.  At that moment, Celeste would have given anything to know what the man was thinking.  “The only way you will know what we are fighting against is if you call your uncle.”  When she shook her head once more, Aidirian let a little bit of his emotions cover his face.  He was afraid; an emotion Celeste wasn’t used to seeing on Aidirian.  “Call him.  If they’re his, he can control them.  He can make sure that you are not hurt.  If they are not, we have a problem.”

“The Fallen can hurt her,” Innocence said with confusion.

“No,” Aidirian answered.  “She’s protected by them.  Her Uncle is a Fallen, and those who are under him he can control.  If they are demons, something else that resides in his world, he can send them away.”

With a deep breath, Celeste closed her eyes.  Aidirian was right.  If these were just lowly demons, Uncle Luc could send them away.  If he was their ruler, Gabriel arrived with the wrong army.  “I need you,” she whispered as she pictured him in her mind.

“Damn you,” a harsh voice hissed from the back seat. 

Snapping her eyes open, Celeste turned to smile at her Uncle.  “I’m glad you could make it.”

He held his arm while leaning away from Innocence and her sharp fingernails.  “Did your fae have to scratch me?”

Innocence tilted her head, regarding Luc in an uneasy manner.  “Only my scratch hurt you and not my touch?”

“Yes,” he replied, frowning at the fae.  With a shake of his head, he turned towards Celeste.  “What is it that you need?”

“What are those?” Aidirian asked, making Celeste turn towards him with a glare.  A sheepish smile formed on his face.  “Sorry, I’m impatient.”