Chapter One

Chapter One

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but to day is a gift. That's why they call it present, so cherish every time like it's your last, for it may be." I conclude my poem for poetry week.

5th period English class. Great. It feels like the day is going by too quick.

I take a look around my class. Every girl has their long, perfect, flowing golden blonde hair in some sort of elaborate do. From fishtails that go halfway down their back, to waterfall braids that lead into perfect curls. On their shoulders, are top-of-the-line Coach bags. Many girls also have a Starbucks coffee clutched in their hand. Curtesy of the mobile Starbucks at school. Classic prep school.

The boys all have model hair, varying between golden brown and warm chocolate brown. their hair falls perfectly, wispy, perfect. Their heart-melting sea green and sapphire blue eyes. Tall and athletic, any girls dream.

Look at me. I sound like a stalker.

I on the other hand, would fail in comparison to any of these... Things. My brown-blonde hair falls just below my shoulders. Long enough for a soccer ponytail. I'm taller with long legs. Not model long, just... long. My straight figure is only complimented by a slight curve.

Breaking from my thought, is a long, slow clap coming from my teacher, walking around the class.

Mr. Raybuck. The reason I hate this class. His big belly jiggles up and down with every clap. His mouth twisted in a pucker, like he tasted a lemon, set on his bright pink face.

The claps echo in the room, bouncing off the mint green walls and white tile floors, hitting me dead in the face. Loud, short, accusing claps.

"Excellent job, Bryn" he says, stopping the claps and putting a hand to settle his bouncing belly,"A bit of input, if you don't mind? Next time... don't STEAL the poem that I told you to WRITE!"

His face turning tomato red, I know what's coming next.

"Here class-" he starts while pointing at me "-is an excellent example of a girl who has amazing talent, but chooses to watch teen dramas or whatever, instead!"

I try really hard not to laugh as his big belly moves as he yells. The bald spot in his head now matching the shade of red on his face. Crimson.

"I will give you one more chance to tell all of us your real poem." Truth is, I made up one late last nigh after attempting to go to sleep, but ended in failure due to my parents custody showdowns. "To the principals office...NOW!" he spat.

I hesitate and consider to read the second stanza of my poem:

Mr. Raybuck is as round as an apple

And scares witches when they hear his cackle

Deciding not to, I leave the classroom and start down the hall.

I try to remember my homework assignments from the previous 4 classes, when I see how fast I am going. Almost flying down the hall.

Wait a minute...

I look down at my feet, but instead see a blur from the floors wizzing by.

No feet.

What the...?!?!

*******

Thank you for reading my 1st chapter!!! Sorry it was short but the next will be longer. Chapter 2 will come out soon and I PROMISE it will get better!!!

~Roni