Chapter Thirteen - The Boys

Heaving a sigh I lean back and running fingers through my hair. F*ck. There isn't the right shade of green for her eyes.

Hearing the sharp clink of wood against wood, I rummage through my colored pencils again. The distinct tap of fingers hitting keys is my only company. Victor finished his part of the assignment last night, but he hasn't left his computer except to sleep. And that was only because I told Doc what he was doing.

Finding a few shades that will hopefully match her eyes, I place them next to the sketch book. Picking up the lightest green I jump as my phone vibrates.

"'Ello?" I answer without looking at the number. Pressing the speaker button I place the phone down next to me so I can continue drawing. It's probably just one of my brothers.

"Oy, hello?" I ask, confused at the silence that answers me. "F*ck, Luke, if this is a-"

"Meanie?" Her soft voice cuts through like a knife.

The air from my lungs escapes in one rush and my heart speeds up as I hear the melodic notes of her voice. Victor's frantic typing stops and he stares wide eyed at my phone. His face pales before he returns to his computer, typing faster than before.

"Meanie, is that you?" She whispers, fear evident in her voice. Jumping a little, I realize I haven't answered her yet.

Picking up the phone I take it off of the speaker. "F*ck yeah it's me Trouble. Who else would you call?" Musical giggles come from the speakers and I smile at the sound. "Not that I mind, but how are you calling me? I thought you weren't getting a phone for another f*cking two weeks?"

More giggles float through and I have to fight the urge to sigh. D*mn, I've met this girl once and she has me wrapped around her finger.

Victor glances my way, never stopping his assault on the keyboard.

"I'm using a pay phone." She says, joy lighting up her voice. "Did you know that you have to put more coins in if you want to talk longer? I can't talk to much more. I only had a few coins."

"Well sh*t! Is there something you need to tell me?" I ask, groaning a little that we won't be able to talk longer. Victor glances my way again and I can see the concentration in his eyes.

"Oh! Yeah." Her voice drops in reverence and her whisper of a voice sends shivers down my spine. "I just wanted you to know I made it to North Shore. It's beautiful Meanie. Your picture really captured that."

She lets out a small sigh and I smile remembering the look on her face as she studied my picture the other day. "It is, and I'm sure it's even better with you there." I whisper, wishing I could say it to her while holding her in my arms.

She lets out another soft sigh before breaking out of her daze. Her voice teases as she giggles over her next words. "I need to go, but there's one more thing to tell you. You don't have to call me Trouble anymore. My name is Sang."

I grin as another piece of the mystery that this girl is just fell into place. Her name is just as f*cking cute as she is. Commotion near the door captures part of my attention but I barely wave at the Russian barreling through the room with giant number two following behind before focusing back on Sang.

I can hear the sound of the recording telling her she only has a few seconds left before her voice takes over. "Thank you Meanie."

"You're welcome Trouble. You'll call me later, right?" My eyebrows furrow and I hope she can't hear the f*cking fear in my voice.

A small giggle eases my worry. "Of course I will. Goodbye Gabriel."

"Goodbye Sang." I reply quietly, although it wouldn't have mattered. The second her name left my mouth silence overwhelmed all of us. I'm almost certain they could hear the click of the payphone being hung up through my phone.