Chapter Seventeen

"Josh, how are you feeling?" Mom wakes me up.

I look at her after letting my eyes adjust to the light. I sit up and shrug. It's been about a week since Tyler cheated on me and all I can say is it was a miserable week. I've stayed in my room staring at a blank wall for most of the time. Im still hurt by Tyler cheating on me but I think it's time to sort it out.

"Josh, Tyler's mom rang me this morning..." Mom says as I look at her with a shocked expression playing on my face.

"Why?" I ask confused.

"Well...she is worried about Tyler..."

"Why?" I ask again.

"She said that Tyler has been...different...she said he's been uncontrollably angry and depressed. She said he hasn't left his room at all and isn't eating. He has been lashing out in anger and not letting anyone near him. His dad went near him because they were arguing and she said Tyler pushed his dad against the wall or something and threatened to kill everyone...Josh I think Tyler needs you. Mrs. Joseph said Tyler never used to be like this, he used to be somewhat  normal...whatever that means. She said Tyler is in a very bad place right now and she wants you to try and talk to him because when they try Tyler just loses it..." Mom finishes.

I sit and stare at her, processing what she just said. Tyler's in a very bad place and it's all my fault...

"Im gonna go over to his house after lunch." I say as I read the time; 8:30am.

"Okay baby, get ready and maybe have a shower?" Mom says with a smile.

"Okay...thanks..." I say as I lay back down.

Five more minutes of sleep won't hurt will it?