CHAPTER 12: Old Habits Die Hard!

ابدأ من البداية

LUKE:     CLEVER BITCH!! 

ME:      Who is this?!

LUKE:     I'm someone that you've
                 met before. Soon you will 
                 know exactly who I am.
                 In the meantime, I suggest
                 you listen to me very
                 carefully. That is, only if
                 you wish to ever see Luke
                 alive again. 

ME:      Who are you? And what is
              it that you want? What
              have you done with Luke?

LUKE:     Nothing, yet. But his life
                 and your boyfriend's life, 
                 depends on whether or
                 not you do as I tell you. 

ME:       What do you want from me?

LUKE:     I wan't you to meet me at
                 the docks that is only a
                 few blocks from your place. 

ME:     When?

LUKE:     The day after tomorrow.
                 At 4 P.M. No later. 

ME:     FINE! 

LUKE:     I look forward to seeing
                 you, Princess. Oh and be
                 sure that you come ALONE!
                 Or else you can say goodbye
                 to both your cousin and
                 James. 

ME:     I will!

         'Oh my gosh' I thought to myself. What the hell am I going to do? And who is this asshole threatening me? What does he want with me? There's nothing special about me. 

        No matter what, I had to make sure that I followed through and did as he asked. I would like to tell James, as I'm sure that he could figure out a way to be able to help. Though at the same time, I couldn't risk having anything happen to Luke or him. I don't know who this person was, or what he wanted from me. But whatever I did to him to want to do this, must have been real bad. Though I have never really done anything bad to anyone. 

       I suddenly hear the office door open up and hurried up putting away my phone in my pocket. I put a fake smile upon my face and turned to see that it was James. Which I had a feeling it was as I could smell his cologne. 

       He looks at me with concern. "Are you okay Baby?" He asks. 

       "Yes. I was just trying to text Luke and still haven't heard anything. I miss him and am a little bit worried." I replied. Hoping that I could find the courage to just blurt out that he has been kidnapped and I have to meet the kidnapper and trade myself to save his and Luke's lives. But I couldn't. 

        "Aww Baby. I'm sure that he's okay. It's not easy trying to find a safe place where nobody is going to find you. Unless you change your identity." He chuckles.

        He wraps both his arms around my waist and pulls me into his chest and starts kissing me on the lips. I start wrapping my arms around his neck as we're kissing. 

        I can tell by the look upon his face right now that he knows something his up. But I'm hoping that I'm wrong and that he has no clue. 

       As we stand there holding each other, I try to fight back tears as I begin to think that today and tomorrow will be our last days together. I don't want that, but, I don't have a choice. Well, I DO have a choice, but, I can't bare being the one responsible for his and Luke's death. At least not when I can help it. 

       Why was this happening? I finally got him back into my life. I thought that this was another chance that him and I both got at being together. Then THIS whatever it is, happens. 

*****************************************

<<JAMES>>

        After talking to Zandria for a bit, I realized that Angie wasn't around. I think I saw her go to the back towards the office. So I make my way back there to see if she's alright. 

       When I opened the door, it seemed to have startled her. I noticed her quickly putting her cell phone away. 'What was she hiding?' I thought. It better not be a guy or I swear. 

       Though after asking her, she told me that she just texted Luke and had gotten no reply. Deep down, I knew something was wrong. She looked more worried and scared than guilty really. 

       It doesn't matter I guess. I'll find out later anyways. In fact, I think I'll ask one of my buddies from the gang to send me a copy of her messages. 

       Though I would do that later, however, I just wanted to continue to hold her in my arms and just be with her right now. I love her so much. 

*****************************************

THE NEXT DAY       

         Yesterday, after leaving the shop. We went home and decided to watch a movie, pig out, then of course, we ended up making love before the second movie we began watching, ended. Though that's what she get's I guess when she chooses to watch '50 Shades'. 

        After making love, we both fell asleep and I had forgotten to text my buddy about getting me the copy of her recent messages. 

       So I woke up before Angie did this morning and I quietly sneaked out to the living room after putting boxers on and called my buddy, Derrick. 

        "Hey Man! It's James." I told him.

        "Wow Dude. It's been awhile. How the hell ya been?" He asks. 

        "Yeah, I know it's been awhile. I've just been doing really good. We should definitely get together son and catch up. But for right now, I'm calling you cause I need a favor."

        "Of course. Anything you need." Derrick replies. 

       "I need you to get me the text messages for the past month for me." I begin telling him while starting to feel a little bit bad that I'm doing this as though I don't trust her. Because I do. But also, I need to know what's wrong and what's going on. Cause if she's in some kind of trouble. If she's been found, I need to know. I'm responsible for her, after all. 

        "Sure thing. I can have it ready and send it to you by the end of today." Derrick says. 

        "Thanks man." I tell him while then giving him Angie's phone number. 

       "Anytime Bro." He says before hanging up. 

       After hanging up the phone, I stood there and tried hard to shake the thoughts of it being another man that she's seeing behind my back, out of my head. 

       So I called the shop and decided to call in sick today so that Angie and I could spend the day together. 

       I started walking into the kitchen and began to make breakfast so that I could surprise Angie by serving her breakfast in bed. 

New Chapter will be posted in just a few minutes! :):)