4. I wish you still cared

I was sitting in the tavern with the others and felt Ban looking at me again. I met his gaze and gave him a deadly glare. You should've seen the horror on his face. But it wasn't long until the others noticed Ban's horrified expression. "Hey Ban are you OK?", Meliodis asks. He glares back at me and nods his head. "Yeah I'm fine". He crosses his arms and leans back in his chair. The sins look between the two of us with raised eyebrows. "What is wrong with you two?", King asks. I avert my eyes and decide to stare out the window.

Five minutes later I return from my dream land. "Hello? (Y/n)?", Dianne says waving her hand in front of my face. "Oh hey Dianne". "What is up with you and Ban?", she whispers in my ear. I scowl and look over my shoulder at the blue haired idiot. I take Dianne's hand and drag her out of the tavern with me, leading her towards the forest. Once I knew we were somewhere where no one could listen in I sat down. We sat under a large tree, hidden behind the hanging leaves. "So why are we out here?", she asks. "Well I'm going to tell you what happened between me and Ban". She jumped up and down excitedly. "Yay, please do tell". I smirk and begin telling the story.

Flashback (Not the story you are telling by the way)

You sat awkwardly next to the fire, Ban sat on the other side trying to hide his heated cheeks. I had come back from the waterfall and found him as awkward and nervous as ever. "I-I'm s-sorry", he stuttered. I held my hand over my mouth trying to suppress my laughter. Unfortunately it all came out. I was rolling on the floor laughing, holding my stomach in pain. "What's so funny?", he asks with raised eyebrows. I wipe away the tears and calm myself down. "Sorry its just your face was priceless", I giggled. He smirked and ran his fingers through his hair. "I don't think I have ever seen you smile before", he says. Your eyes widen and you blush. "Yeah I don't get people following me around often, people just scream at me". I let out some nervous laughter. Ban moved from his spot and sat next to me. "Well that makes two of us". I sigh and stare into the fire. "Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have a normal life?", you ask. He turns his head to look at you. "Not really". "Why not?". "I think it would be boring, there's no adventure in a normal life, everything just seems so plain". "I suppose your right", I sigh, hugging my knees.

There were several minutes of silence before you spoke. "Youcanbemypartnerifyouwant", you blurt out. "What?". "I said you can be my partner if you want". His eyes widen and he hugs me. "Thank you thank you thank you". I giggle and enjoy the hug. Its been a long time since I've had a hug... a very long time.

Flash back end

Dianne's eyes filled with tears as I finished the story. She hugged me, sobbing into my chest. I hugged her and pet her head. "I'm so sorry", she cries. "Its fine, there is nothing we can do, the past is in the past". "I can't believe that asshole would do that to you", she growled. "Well there is nothing we can do about it". "I'm going to give him the silent treatment, if he treated you this way I will never forgive him". I smirk and wipe away a few of her tears. "You can do what ever you like, just don't take it too far, I'm helping you guys and then me and Ava are leaving". Dianne smiled and nodded. "Just as long as you're happy".

We walked back to the tavern and everyone stared at us when we got back inside. "Where did you two go?", Meliodis asks. "We went for a walk?", I say. "Where did you walk to, Dianne?", Ban asks. Dianne glares at him, crossing her arms and looking away. The two of us go up to our room and lay on the bed. "I can't believe he walks around like nothing happened between the two of you", she spits, venom dripping from her words. "I know, lets just leave it, he doesn't care and he never did". I know that I say these words out loud but I didn't wish for them to be true. I wish he cared, like he used to say he did...

Here is the next chapter. I planned the story so you can expect at least 10 more chapters. Everything should go according to plan. Please do give feedback. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD