3. That piercing stare

The sins and I sat in the Boar Hat, eating dinner. I can feel Ban staring at me, his red eyes piercing the back of my head. "So why were you in that village?", Dianne asks me. "I don't really know, I was just passing through". "Ok then, where were you going?". "There is a small village to the east of Vaizel, that is where I was going". "Why would you go there?", Gowther asks. "Uh that's where my daughter lives". I could hear Ban choking on his food in the background but decided to pay no attention to it. "Wow you have a daughter! What's her name?", Elizabeth asks. "Her name is Ava". "What about her dad? Are you still with him?". "No it was a one night stand but I don't care, I love my daughter". Meliodis smiles and places a cake on the table. "Alright everybody dig in", he announces. I raise an eyebrow at him as I take a plate with a piece of cake on it. "Did you make this?", I ask. He shakes his head. Thank god he didn't make it, his cooking is terrible. I pick up my fork and put some cake on it. I bring it up to my mouth and eat it. It was really delicious, I quickly wolfed the rest down. Even if it was disgusting I would've eaten it, I honestly hadn't eaten in a couple of weeks. I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts when Dianne asked me a question. "Are you alright?", she asks. I nod and eat another piece of cake. "Yeah I just haven't eaten in a while", I reply, rubbing the back of my neck. "Couldn't you just steal food or buy some with stolen money?", Meliodis asks. I just shrug my shoulders. "I don't really keep anything for myself, I usually just give it away". I notice that its really silent and decide to leave the room. I stand and apologize. "I'm sorry I'm really tired, I'll see you all tomorrow". I walk out of the room and into the one that I will be staying in.

Since there wasn't much space I had to share a room with Dianne. I didn't mind Dianne or anyone else really, they seemed pretty nice. But Ban was the worst. He thinks that he can act like nothing happened, that we can just start over. Well no, I refuse. That idiot hurt me in so many ways and I will never forgive him. I lay on my bed and stare at the ceiling, silently cursing Ban. My eyelids felt heavy and they eventually close, sending me into a deep sleep.

Flashback

It had been three days since I met Ban and he won't leave me alone. I woke up and sleepily glared at him. "Its been three days, why are you still following me?". "Because I want to be your partner". I grit my teeth and huff. I noticed that my clothing was soaking wet, did I wake up in the middle of the night and go for a swim? Nope this was definitely sweat. "You were having a pretty intense night mare last night", he says, breaking the silence. I ignore him and proceed to smell myself, I smelt disgusting. I stand up and glare at Ban. "I don't care if you follow me around but don't come to the river". He nods and watches my back as I walk away.

I walk along the river bank until I reach the waterfall. The water sparkled under the suns light and was clear enough to show the bottom. I stripped until I was fully naked and dipped my toe in the water. At first it was cold but once I was fully submerged it warmed up. I began to wash away the sweat, leaving me feeling clean and refreshed.

Ban's POV

I had just finished making breakfast and decided to go and get (Y/n). What could she even be doing at the river and why did she not want me to go there? I bet that she was washing her laundry and didn't want me to see her underwear. I'll just tell her that I don't care about it and it will be fine. I emerge from the trees and follow the river until I reach a waterfall. I look around but I can't see any sign of her, then I notice clothes laying on the bank. I thought that she was cleaning them? Suddenly something emerges from the water, at first I didn't know what it was but after staring for a while I realized that it was a woman. Not just any woman, but a naked woman. Not just any naked woman... this naked woman was (Y/n). I felt the blood drip from my nose.

Your POV

I emerged from the water, taking a big breath of air. I ran my fingers through my soaking wet hair and proceeded to swim towards the bank. But something didn't feel right. I looked to the bank and saw Ban standing there, staring at me. "What the hell Ban?!?!", I yell covering myself. His eyes widen and he runs back to the campsite. Ugh what a pervert. I quickly dried myself and put on some clean clothing, then walked back to camp.

It was very awkward between me and Ban after that. We sat and ate in silence. "I'm uh s-sorry", he stutters. I look up at him and see that his face is bright red. I couldn't help but giggle. "I told you not to come to the river". He sighs and continues eating. I know that it had only been a few days but he was really growing on me. I had this strange feeling, were we friends? How would I know? I had never had a friend before...

Flashback end

I was awoken by a knock on the door. A few seconds later Meliodis walked in and placed a glass of water on my bed side table. "Hey are you alright?", he asks. I nod and sit up, taking a sip of water. In the corner of my eye I can see someone standing in the doorway. I could never forget the feeling of that stare, his red eyes stabbing into me. Ban... why won't you leave me alone...?

I need to plan this story! Its all over the place. I hope it turns out ok. Anyway vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD