Regeneration (Winter Soldier fan fiction)

So yes, I'm writing one of these but can you blame me? I saw the movie and just....... wow. okay so this takes place after the movie. Bucky is still on the run, and shield is trying to hunt him down. enjoy!

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◇◇◇◆◇◇◇◇◆◇◇◇◆

I sat up from my bed and rubbed my eyes. For some reason I just couldn't go to sleep. I read the clock on my dresser with squinted eyes. twelve-thirty five. Taking in a breath I groaned before stretching and heading to my bedroom door. Maybe a drink would help.

I chugged down the glass of milk with ease before I rinsed the glass out and set it on the counter.

I hoped I would feel even a little bit drowsy after this, but I was wide awake. I skipped into my living room and turned the TV on. After a few hours of watching pretty much junk, I turned the TV off with a sigh and stared into the black room.

Looks like I wasn't going to bed anytime soon.

I grabbed my phone off the desk next to the couch and flocked the screen on to check the time.

2:15

I groaned. Why can't I sleep?

Maybe I should go for a walk.

I grabbed my coat from the hanger next to the door, and slipped on my boots. I pulled open the steel cabinet that I kept my guns in and pulled out a handgun.

Hey, if you lived around here, where people practically shoot each other for water rights, you'd carry a gun too.

Not to mention the coyotes.

I grabbed a amo pack and stuffed it along with my gun in my jacket pocket. I normally would have taken my shotgun, but I didn't feel like carrying it around.

I walked out, the wind blowing my dark hair into my eyes. It was already 2:38, might as well start on the chores.

I fed the horses first, before hauling a bale of hay to the sheep and goats. I filled up the chickens water before heading back to the barn.

"Hey boy" I muttered as stroked the nose of my horse, JB.

His fully registered name was Just Because, but seriously, why would I call him that?

I saddled him up and mounted, getting a flashlight out of my pocket. I shined it in front of me as I rode, making sure not to ride JB into any holes.

I rode out into the fields, checking on the cows and their calves. All seemed well, so I headed back to the barn.

I unsadled JB, before feeding him. By the time I was done the sun was coming up.

I rubbed my eyes as I walked, sleep was starting to come over me. But it was six, so I had to shower and get ready for school.

I was studying law, and was almost finished with my five years of college. Only two were left.

little did I know, this day was going to change the rest of my life.

_

_

_

He tugged at his long hair that was always in his eyes, like veil. The mask he had hidden behind so long was on, and he felt like a child cowering beneath a curtain. But he needed it. It was the only thing he could remember.

And that's what tormented him.

"You're my friend!"

"You're my mission!"

"Then finish it. Cause I'm with you till the end of the line."

That man..... the man with the shield, the one he was sent to kill. He had failed.

On purpose.

He knew him. And that was a miracle alone, that he could even feel anything anymore. The museum had helped, told him things that he didn't know that were true, things he couldn't remember.

James 'Bucky' Barns.

That was his name? He thought it was the Winter Soldier. No one in HYDRA gave him a name, an assassin, a mindless killing machine, didn't deserve a name.

He had convinced the world he was a ghost, but now, he wasn't so sure.

"Bucky?"

"Who the hell is Bucky?"

His head began to hurt, so he slowly moved from his leaning position on the tree, and picked up the heavy gun he swung over his shoulder. He needed answers. He had to know who he was.

He had to get help.

But he had to be careful, both SHIELD and HYDRA would both like to capture him, SHIELD for experiment, HYDRA so they could have their mindless killing machine back.

He had to find someone who wouldn't rat him out, something he could trust.

But that's the thing,

After all he's been through, 'trust' isn't in his dictionary.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

My God I love Bucky, anyone else?

tell me you're thoughts! comments drive me to write!

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

Bye!

-Riku54