Chapter 36~ The Good Guy

Mark's POV

Celeste.

Red.

Oliver.

Drew.

Those names were the only things that were occupying my head.

It's been a few days driving to the Utopian headquarters and I was starving. There was no way I would stop and find something to eat.

That is not an option.

My eyes were becoming heavy and were starting to drop. I gave myself a few hard slaps to the face but the short stings were only a momentary boost of adrenaline.

Suddenly the news on the car radio came blaring in which caused me to snap out of my daze.

"We have two workers coming down from the Utopian headquarters to give us a speech, don't we?" said a girl.

"We sure do, I can't wait to hear what they have to say about this whole conflict about the food source!" responded a man.

"Hopefully it isn't what we think it is,"

"It is," I laughed out loud, turning the volume down.

"Don't worry, the government would never do such a thing like that. I cannot wait to see the two workers give the speech, we barely even know who works for the government anymore!"

"They go by the name Red and Ellar. And apparently they are the two workers who are in charge of everything."

Hearing that news, I slammed on the breaks and turned the car radio all the way up so I could hear what else they would say.

"So for anyone listening to the radio right now, at what place can we hear the grand speech?" asked the girl.

"Well if anyone is still in there car they better hurry because it starts in five minutes!"

"Just say the place god damnit!" I muttered under my breath.

"They will be at Town Hall, on 198th Elm Road, better get there fast because the crowd is growing immensly!"

I slammed my foot on the gas and the car went skidding out from gravel.

I needed to get to this speech, I wasn't planning on saying anything, all I need is to get Red's attention at me.

Once I get his attention, it will catch him way off guard knowing that he can't catch me even when I am right in front of him.

The speech would be starting in less than a minute and I was going way over the speed limit. Finally I reached the Hall and parked the car behind the buildings.

Only one car was parked there with mine.

The other car was a rusty orange color and the black tires were fading away.

But something inside the car made me believe it was his.

Tucked safely in the mirror where the passenger seat was, was a photo of Fiona.

This was Red's car.

Quickly opening the glove department, I shuffled through a bunch of papers, searching for something sharp.

This is Drew's car, there's no way he keeps a-

My thoughts were instantly cut off when my hand brushed across something sharp which sliced lightly into the palm of my hand.

It was a knife.

Quickly I got out of the car and ran over to Red's vehicle. Bending down and positioning the knife in my hand, I could hear muffled kicking coming from the back of the car.