Chapter 27~Meet Drew

Mark's POV

"Drew," I spoke, walking towards my brother.

"Mark, it's been years," he said, giving me a tight hug.

"These are my kids," I said gesturing to the three or them standing outside the door.

"This is Zander, the oldest,"

"Oh yes I remember you. You were just a baby when we met," he said shaking his hand.

"This is Beckett,"

"I remember you too Beckett, you probably don't remember me," he said once more, shaking his hand.

"And Fiona, I don't think you were born yet," he continued.

I nudged his shoulder.

"Where's your other daughter? Didn't you have an older girl?" he asked looking confused.

I sighed, "Yes but she's missing, I need to find her."

"Sorry to hear about that, I can help you," assured Drew.

"No," I snapped, "I need you here to stay with the kids," I replied.

Suddenly, a girl came running down the stairs.

"Dad who are you-"

"Honey this is my brother Mark and his kids, you've never met them before," he said, guiding her over to us.

"You never told me you had a kid," I mumbled in his ear as I shook hands with the girl.

"Daisy," she smiled and reached out her hand.

"Nice to meet you Daisy," said Beckett.

"Mark and I will be in the office talking," said Drew.

"Of course they are," mumbled Zander.

Drew ignored the remark.

"Help yourself to anything, make conversation!" exclaimed Drew and gave Daisy a quick kiss on the cheek.

...

"So about your daughter," I immediately said as I shut the office door.

"We're not blood related, her mother before had her with another guy and then she passed away," he said. "I was remarried but we divorced three months ago."

I nodded.

"Now why are you interrogating me about my daughter when you've been gone for years working for that cynical government!"

I could tell he was getting angry. He had all the rights to be infuriated with me.

"And where the hell is Julie? You show up at my house after ten years and you expect me to just welcome you like nothing has happened? You're a murderer Mark," he yelled.

I flinched at that word coming from his mouth.

"I know what you do there! I know all the things you sick people do! Why didn't you leave with me? Why Mark?" he was fuming.

"Where's Julie?" he asked once more.

"You still have that little obsession with my wife don't you?" I asked, walking around the office.

"I knew her first Mark, we were closer than ever. But you had to step in and ruin it for me," he snarled.

"Where is she Mark?!" he screamed getting closer to my face.

"She's dead," I choked out.

I felt a strong sting on my face from Drew's hand.

"You killed her?" he screeched and slapped me once more.

"Red did!" I cried out.

He buried his face in his hands.

"Does Fiona even know that she's not really your daughter?"

"No how the hell do I bring that up?"

I didn't know how to respond.

"Mark you need to get the hell out of my house," said Drew.

"No Drew please, I need for the kids to stay here and be safe" I began to beg.

"Nowhere is safe when you're with them!"

Those same words that Beckett said were being spoken through my brother's mouth too.

"They can stay here with me and Daisy but you need to get the hell out before I call the police. And we all know that when I call the police Red will find out where you are. So get out now."

"It's ironic how you're telling me to leave when you used to beg me to stay with you," I said back.

"If you bring Celeste back here alive you can stay. Okay? I don't trust you staying under the same roof as us," said Drew, opening the office door.

...

"No don't go," whined Fiona, holding onto my hand.

"I have to find your sister, you have uncle Drew to stay with. You all will be safe and I'll be back here with Celeste."

"Bye Zander," I said, reaching out to give him a hug but he dodged me.

"Leave Mark," said Beckett, "Celeste better come back alive."

The door was slammed in my face and I was facing the dangerous, enigmatic world once more.

I dug into my pocket and threw my phone into the stream.

No need for communication.

Author's note:

Currently writing this chapter during my English class. Sorry if it's short but I'll upload chapter 29 (which is already written in Reds POV) tomorrow.

I started a new story called "The Maze." check it out! :)