Chapter 17: Together

Start from the beginning

Senna: "Awww. I just knew you two would eventually get together." I hear Korra groan.

Korra: "Mom!" I see Senna put a hand up in defense.

Senna: "Ok, ok. I'll leave you two alone. Just don't be up to late." I look to see Korra looking rather embarrassed.

Korra: "Parents... hmph." I look to see a pouty look on her face.

You: "Yea, parents I tell ya." I say chuckling. I see her eyes widen.

Korra: "Oh jeez M/N I'm so-" I lean in and kiss her again.

You: "I'm not going to let that spoil this moment." We lean in again and continue until we fall asleep in each other's arms.

*TIMESKIP*

I awake to smell Someone's cooking and hear the clatter of people eating. I hear my stomach grumble. I slowly get up, dry myself off and throw on a blue shirt and dark blue pair of pants that were left there and walk out into the dining room. I see everybody turn to me when I walk in. Senna, Kya, Pema, and Asami all seem "way" to excited to see me. I see Bolin smiling ear to ear and both Tenzin and Tonraq have small smiles on their face. I even see Sky, Jinora, and Ikki looking at me with crooked smiles. I turn to see Korra with her head in her hands.

You: "Uhh, Korra? Everything alright?" I see Korra jump out of her chair when she sees me.

Korra: "M/N! Hey." She grabs me and basically shoves me into her seat. She bends down and whispers. "Good luck. You'll need it." She stands and walks away. "I'm going to my room for a bit before we need to leave." I turn back to everybody at the table.

You: "Uhh..." They all keep looking at me funny. "What? What is it?"

Kya: "Tell us! How it happened?" I look at her confused.

You: "How did what happen?"

Pema: "Oh come on M/N don't play dumb." She says.

You: "Uhh. Ok? What do you want to know?"

Asami: "How you and someone special hooked up." She says gesturing between me and where Korra went. I feel a blush rise to my cheeks.

You: "Oh... That." I hear everyone chuckle. I sigh. "Ok, who's first in the game of 20 questions?"

Sky: "Did you kiss her?!" Sky yells.

Senna: "Oh even "I" know the answer to that." She says giggling. Oh no, why did this have to happen.

You: "I, uh, it might. Um we could ha-"

Sky: "Yes or No! Answer me!" I hear her yell again. I gulp down a piece of my food.

You: "Yes." I say quietly. Then Bolin just had to open his big mouth.

Bolin: "Like, a lot? Like this?" He mimics me making out with her.

You: "Well, uh. You see it was more like a, uh." I see him snickering with Asami.

Asami: "Oh so you did." She says now full on laughing. I look at the ground as everybody else begins laughing too.

Kya: "So? Who kissed who?" I hear Jinora laugh.

Jinora: "I know that one."

You: "Wha-How?"

Jinora: "I heard the spirit." Oh no. I see her smirk. "And I quote. 'Kiss her you bumbling idiot!'" I hear everybody burst out laughing.

Pema: "Oh M/N. You are truly something else! A man who can take on the strongest evil spirit one day. Yet is a laughing stock of the group the next!" I hear everybody start laughing again.

Ikki: "Are you two boyfriend and girlfriend? Are you guys gonna get married? Oh! Can I be in the wedding when you do? I've always wanted to be in a wedding! Can I please be in your wedding? Wouldn't that be fun?"

You: "I, uhh, maybe?"

Tenzin: "So, I'm guessing you're feeling better than?" I nod at him.

Tonraq: "When you get back to full health I would like to ask one more favor of you."

You: "Sure, what is it?"

Tonraq: "There's been a rogue Northern soldier that's been carrying out small bombings and thefts throughout the city. I was hoping you could help us track him."

You: "Yea, no problem. Although I'd like a few days to get back into the swing of things beforehand." He nods and thanks me, I wave him off just happy were on to a different subject. Until Senna speaks up again.

Senna: "Well, no offense M/N, but your injuries didn't seem to stop you with Korra." Oh, come on.

Korra POV

I can still hear everyone laughing at M/N from my room. I bury my face into my pillow remembering what I saw the night of the fight. He not only held off a spirit beam. But he pushed it back. I remember seeing the F/C light explode when it hit Vaatu. He was hurt before the fight even started, he was exhausted, and injured during the fight. Yet he could still overpower Vaatu. I still couldn't believe the things he could do. I hear a knock on the door and pretend to be asleep. The door creaks open and I hear M/N's voice.

You: "Korra?" I turn around to face him.

Korra: "Hey M/N. How was the talk?" I see him groan and sit on the side of the bed.

You: "Bad would be an understatement." I laugh at this.

Korra: "That bad huh?"

You: "Even Jinora was making jokes." He says chuckling to himself.

Korra: "Wow. That's rough." He nods in agreement. We continue to talk about the jokes they made. I feel so calm and relaxed when I talk to him. It's like he understands everything I say perfectly.

You: "Well, I'm going to go get some rest. I'll see you later." He begins to stand when I reach out to grab his arm.

Korra: "Don't go."

You: "Korra, I'm sorry but I'm still really worn out."

Korra: "Stay." I say and lift up the covers. He sighs and climbs under them with me. He wraps an arm around me. I snuggle into him as we lay there. "Can I ask you a question?"

You: "Have at it."

Korra: "Gaea said your real "title" was Wolverine. So why did you go by Phoenix for all those years? And, if you don't mind me asking, what was your sisters?" He sighs.

You: "Her "title" that she chose to go by was..." I hear him choke up. I grab his hand that was wrapped around me. "Her title was, Phoenix. When she died I called myself Phoenix to remember her, and this necklace." I turn to see him pull out the locket I saw last night. "Eve wore this, she gave it to me before she died. She said they would protect me." A single tear falls down his face. I wipe it away and feel him hold me tighter. Like I was the last thing he had... I was the last thing he had, wasn't I? I think about this before falling asleep. He would do anything to keep this family safe. To keep "me" safe. He has seen what cruelty this world has to offer. And he refuses to let this family go through what his did. He refuses to watch anyone he cares about be hurt. No, even Sky, who he didn't even know at the time. He protected her, he didn't just protect those he cared about. He protected those who couldn't protect themselves. 'A hero.' I hear Raava's voice say. 'A hero who needs your help, young avatar. You must help him heal. You love this young man, and you must do whatever it takes... To make him whole again.'