"Babe, who is that?" Babe. It doesn't sound right.

"No one just an old friend of mine." I say open the text from Louis.

'I'm still doing something. Not because I have but because I want to and I love you.'

'Alright, I gotta go Louis. I'll talk to you later'

"Alright class, I can some of you guys were not focused in my class today while writing your essays. I am making them due as soon as you walk in tomorrow. You guys can go but I need to see Alyssa and Louis."

The whole class made a noise like 'ohhhhh'. Whatever that was about.

When the bell rang signalling the end of class Louis and I walked up to Miss. Kinkert's desk.

"Okay can I ask what was so interesting that neither of you were paying attention? Alyssa you are one of my best students and you're acting up."

"Louis. I didn't expect much from you. I honestly think your the reason she's acting up in class, considering you guys aren't dating anymore."

"I'm sorry Miss. Kinkert, but just because Louis and I are no longer dating does mean he's influencing me in anyway." I say defending him. The tardy bell rings.

"Melody, just because you can't find someone willing to marry you doesn't mean you should any of us. If you must know I was asking her a personal question that I never have the guts to ask around anyone, so I had to text her." He interjects in the middle of her scolding us.

"Now if you'll excuse us, we ars late for our next class. I'll see you in detention Melody."

He escorts me out and walks me to my next class. "I'm sorry you got a detention." I blurt out.

"I'm not I actually love detention. Besides I'm only living up to my name right?!" He lightly chuckles.

He notices the hurt in my eyes and sighs. He holds my shoulders and speaks. "Alyssa, I don't mean it like that. It was a joke."

"I realize, but I don't know. I take that subject to heart."

*Louis' P.O.V.

"Look Alyssa, I wish I could kiss you right now and tell you it didn't mean anything. It obviously means something to you. I'm trying. I still say dumb stuff and do dumb things, but that's who I am. I'm trying my hardest not to kiss you right now. You're in a relationship and even though I despise the guy I'll let you stay loyal." She smiles.

"Thank you." She says giving me a hug.

"What time are you planing on getting home?"

"10? Maybe later I'll let you know." She nods. I hand her the keys to my car.

"Here, I'll get a ride. I trust you enough not to wreck it. You do know how to drive right?" She laughs. Not just any laugh. The laugh that basically says 'I'm an idiot'.

"Yes, I do. I've gotta go Louis. I can't be late." We both laugh when we realize she's already late. "Okay I won't keep you any more go." She walking into her next class, while I was just planning on skipping. No point in going now.

______

*Alyssa's P.O.V
When the final bell rang I was walking out of chorus with Millie and Summer. "Again I am sorry that I haven't caught up with you guys."

"Hey it's okay, I've been busy with cheer and Summer's been writing music. We've both been plenty busy."

"Alright, we'll have to have a girl night out soon. I promise, it will come." I say as we run into Kenna in the hallway.