"Just breathe, Emery," Carmilla said finally. "You and Sawyer have been through alot together, she wouldn't throw that away for some hussy." I agreed with Carmilla, feeling tension released from my chest that I didn't know had been coiled tightly.

"Thank you, I just can't help but panic about it," I said. " I don't know what I would do without you guys. I'm sorry for pushing you both away." Her and Carmilla smiled at me brightly, and I took that as them forgiving me. I smiled back and noticed Carmilla's smile turned mischievous quickly, and I raised my eyebrow in question.

"I know just the thing to get your mind off of all this," Carmilla stated before pulling clothes out of my dresser. She mumbled under her breath as she began pairing clothes together before tossing me a mini dress and a jean jacket. "Put this on, we're going out." Aurora grinned in agreement and I looked at the pair skeptically.

"Where are we going exactly?" My voice came out choked and little panicked.

"Don't worry, you've been there before, now scoot!" Carmilla smacked my butt as I shuffled my way to the bathroom.

**

Carmilla was right, I had been here before. The house that stood in front of me was packed, there were people spilling out onto the porch and the yard. I could hear the music the moment I stepped out of the car, Carmilla and Aurora flanked both of my sides. They each grabbed one of my hands and squeezed encouragingly before we headed into the party. We had been going to these parties together ever since we were considered "cool" enough to be invited. This particular party was one we had frequented every year, hosted by Lucas Johnson. He goes to Wallbury High School which was our high schools - Elmsfield - biggest rival. We met him our sophomore year at one of the softball games. Aurora begged us to go with her because she had her eye on one of the softball players. The boys baseball game was right after softball teams game and so we ended up chatting with Lucas and his friends. Carmilla and him had hit it off, but it never went much farther than a heat hook up and friendly exchanges. Every since then, Lucas has made sure to invite us to his annual end of summer party. His parents always go away right before the school year starts to get in one last vacation, so Lucas takes advantage of the situation.

Having been to this party a few times prior, we knew our way around the place. Carmilla led us to the kitchen where she expertly poured us each a drink. "Cheers!" She shouted over the music and we tapped our plastic cups against each others before downing most of the contents. After we refilled our drinks we decided to head outside where the drinking games were usually held. We passed by a handful of people we recognized greeting them on our way to the back yard. I passed by a crowd of people who were chatting animatedly. A voice rose above the rest of them that I thought I recognized, but it disappeared the moment laughs erupted around us.

Carmilla pulled Aurora and I into a match of Flip Cup against a couple boys we didn't know. Aurora and I hesitated which caused Carmilla to whine loudly, "Rory, Emmie! Come on, pretty please?" We both rolled our eyes at her, but gave in to her puppy dog eyes.

"You girls are going down," the tallest of the bunch said, puffing his chest out.

"We're not gonna go easy on ya," the one with the baseball cap stated, a grin on his lips.

"Wait, how do we play this game again?"Aurora turned to the two of us feigning confusion. The boys elbowed each other as they mocked us, laughing at Aurora in particular. Aurora, Carmilla and I shared a look, smirks pulling up the corners of our lips. We evened out our drinks with each team, making sure everyone was at the same level in their cup. Carmilla and the tall guy matched up as opponents, Aurora got the baseball cap guy, and I got the short one on the end. We all touched cups with our opponents before putting our cups on the table, waiting for Carmilla and the tall guy to start. Someone in the audience yelled, "Go!" and the game began.

Carmilla downed her drink quickly, and flipped her cup, finessing it into its upside down position on the table quickly, which caused Aurora to start to drink. The tall guy fumbled with flipping the cup as Aurora daintily drink. She took her sweet time, just long enough for the other team to get cocky. The tall guy finally got it and the baseball cap guy began to drink, chugging the contents just as Aurora finished her own. Much like Carmilla, she flipped her cup upside down onto the table, giving me a wink. I faked being lost in thought as the baseball cap guy flipped his cup upside down, leaving me and my opponent going neck and neck. I finished my drink in a few gulps like I do every time we play. I watched as my opponent got to the same point as me, about to flip his cup, I laughed as I nonchalantly flipped it and it landed perfectly on the table. We had played this game too much, having mastered it a long time ago.

"That's game boys," I sang, giggling with Aurora and Carmilla. The guys watched us in silence, humiliated by seemingly harmless girls. We sauntered away, no longer entertained by simple drinking games.

The night went on, most of it spent dancing on the makeshift dance floor. Sweaty bodies pressed against us, no one caring about their surroundings. Aurora found her girlfriend, Sophie, in the crowd and had gone off to dance with her, leaving Carmilla and I to dance together. We danced until our feet were sore and then we danced a little bit longer. We moved our bodies across the floor, hips swaying to the beat, occasionally grinding with each other to liven things up. As Carmilla and I were dancing I scanned the room checking out the scene in front of me. I saw a flash of short blonde hair and a face that looked a lot like one of my coworkers, Eliza, but there was no way she'd be at a high school party.

I moved my lips towards her ear and told her loudly that I had to go to the bathroom, she nodded and motioned toward the kitchen - she was going to get another drink. I motioned for her to get one for me too. We separated and I started to the front of the house. I turned down a hallway and passed by the filled living room, looking for the little hall where the bathroom was. I stopped immediately when I saw two bodies pressed against the wall next to the bathroom door.

There wasn't much room to get around them since the hallway was relatively narrow. Just as I was about to move toward the bathroom, people hooking up be damned, the door opened allowing light to spill out of the room. My feet froze in place and my heart dropped. A heavy weight pressed down on my lungs and I struggled to breathe. The whole world halted around me, tilting dangerously on its axis. Everything blurred and the music faded into white noise. The only sounds that pierced through the bubble were the moans coming from the two girls pinned against the wall.

One of the girls' let out a gasp, her lips formed a name I knew so well, "Sawyer."