Together Atlast: Chapter 5

Start from the beginning

He narrows his eyes, looking at me like a predator looks at its prey.

"Reallllll convenient"

He says sarcastically. What is this guy talking about? He's acting like humans don't go shopping.

"I'm serious. There has to be a worker there who remembers. A camera or something"

"Tell me this, why'd you get a restraining order in the first place. I was told by authorities you two got it just because she was 'clingy'"

I start messing with my hands, debating if I should tell him. Oh who am I kidding, of course I should.

"Because she kidnapped me sir"

"And why was this not reported. Because in these,"

He pauses mid sentence, flipping through a bundle of papers in a manila folder.

"-Say nothing about a kidnapping"

"Look, we didn't report it"

He starts to laugh, holding onto the table for support before his expression abruptly goes back to normal.

"You're serious? What type of people don't report a damn kidnapping?"

"There was no evidence to prove anything so we just got a restraining order instead"

He face palms his self before giving me a look of aggravation.

"So now your making stuff up? That's sad, how'd that poor guy get involved with a criminal like you"

"I'm not a criminal!"

I yell back. This guy is really a pain in the ass.

"Then why was this at the scene? Hmm?"

"Because I was taken to that abandoned house when I was kidnapped"

His eyes widen a little before setting the bag back down.

"How'd you know where the murder took place if you didn't have anything to do with it?"

He narrows his eyes while I try and keep my calm.

"I'm not a murderer! I. Was. Not. There. Go look at the cameras in the store, that's where I was!"

"You could've easily left and did it then, right?"

"But I didn't"

He narrows his eyes before leaving the room. I look to my left and see that man still standing there watching me closely. My eyes start to get droopy as I let out a long yawn.

"Hey, what time is it. I have college tomorrow"

He stays silent not saying anything, just looking at me. I roll my eyes and return my gaze back to the door he left out of. I want Kyle. He always makes everything better. I wonder what they're asking him?

Before I could think anything of it, the bald man comes back into the room with a heavy sigh. I sit on the edge of my seat, waiting in anticipation as I for his next words.

"You're free to go. For now"

"Really!?"

He nods his head while motioning towards the other guy.

"You can take her back. And we'll still be keeping an eye on you here and there. I can't prove anything since you were in fact at the store so we have to release you but trust me, we'll be back"

I roll my eyes while wondering why he hated me so much and thinks I did it.

"Sure"

I stand up and follow the man back out into the hall way and to the spot I was when the police officer first brought me in. Kyle had his elbows resting on his knees while he hung his head down.

"Kyle?"

He looks up and gives a wry smile, standing in the process.

"Hey"

I wrap my arms around him but he doesn't hug back. Releasing his body from my grasp, I give him a questioning look.

"What's the matter?"

He gently rocks back and for on his heels and the front of his feet before sighing slightly.

"There is an explanation as to why your bracelet thing was there right?"

My eyes grow slightly wide at the question.

"Y-you think I killed her?"

"Babe no no, of course not"

He pulls me into a hug squeezing me tight.

"I'm missed you so much. Anyway, I asked because I was just curious I guess. Like wonder if someone tried to frame us by planting that there?"

"No, that happened when they kidnapped me. She made them bring me to that abandoned house and I guess it fell off"

He nods his head that was rested on my shoulder. Rubbing circles on my back with his fingers. I yawn loud indicating how tired I clearly was.

"Tired?"

"N-"

I couldn't finish my answer before I found myself being picked up bridal style by Kyle. There was no way I could protest since I was way to tired.

"Are the police gonna take us home?"

"I wish I would drive with one of these officers. Not after they accused you of-"

I stop him from talking by putting my finger up to his lip. Moving it around a little while giving a really long "shhhh" because how much I was craving for sleep. It's hard to concentrate when you're tired.

"They were just doing their job baby"

"Still, I just found an ube-"

I was out like a light before he finished his sentence. Thinking of how I was gonna tell my best friend.

~
Sup y'all. So like I'm tired and I'm most likely going to sleep after this. But I hope y'all liked this chapter. If you did, vote. And dont worry, there will be more sweet moments with Kyle and Kenzie. This one was mainly focusing on the situation at hand. Bye!