Chapter One: A Whole New World

Disclaimer: I decided that, despite the prologue being in third person, I'm making the actual book in first person. I honestly just went with third person for prologue because I totally forgot that my book was going to be in first person and just went with it XD
Oh, and it's really a coincidence that the title is also the name of a song from Aladdin! (Which reminds, Ive gotta watch it again... I don't remember anything from it)
Anyway, hope you enjoy!

A week later... here I am. In a limo, about to go to Auradon Prep. Me, Sylvia, the sixteen year old daughter of Scar was invited to go to Auradon. INVITED! I still can't wrap my head around it! I'm going to miss the Isle though. Sure, it was the Isle, but I had a few friends and my half sister Skye of course. Well, at least I can contact her through my lion toothed shaped necklace. But then, ugh, my dad can as well. Why in all of Hades should I retrieve the stupid Magic Wand?! Who made it my responsibility?! Why couldn't it be Uma, or Helene and Haven? Why does it have to be me?! I sighed, looking around the lim- oh! Candy! Why didn't I notice that before?! I wondered, grabbing a handful of candy of all sorts of colors, greedily.
"Meow!" Everett batted his paw at me, clearly wanting my attention.
"What is it Everett?" I questioned and continued to meow. I sighed, and began to scratch his favorite spot, his neck. He purred, clearly satisfied. The moment I looked up, realization hit. I was here. Looking at the gates of Auradon, but more than that. I was all alone. In the eyes of almost everyone here, I am nothing more but the daughter of Scar. It's not he did anything wrong! Oh who am I kidding?! He killed his own brother!!! I'm so nervous still. What is happening to me?! I've never been nervous in my life, I haven't even stepped out of the limo yet. I probably would've stayed there for an eternity, but fate had other ideas. Everett jumped out of the car and I stepped out trying to scold at him, when he stopped near a pair of black boots. Blue, ripped jeans with skulls. Wait... I looked up to see Helene Hades, one of Hades and Persephone's daughter and my frenemy from the Isle. As usual, she wore a black shirt and had bright blue hair. She looked at me with a smug smirk at my surprise.
"You haven't changed a bit Sylvia," then she looked down at Everett and pet him, "and you haven't changed either, Everett!!" She cooed, scratching him in her favorite spot.
"Welcome to Auradon, Sylvia!!!" I rolled my eyes, and Helene just shrugged. The excited scream could be only one person. Haven. Helene's twin sister, and the most optimistic person I had ever seen.
"Hiii, Haven." I said with boredom and disinterest, as Haven hugged me from behind. Geez, how could she be so nice and yet come from someone so cruel! (note from author- Hades is not actually a bad guy in Greek Mythology, he is after all the only brother that isn't a serial rapist (by brothers, I just mean Poseidon's and Zeus, I'm aware he has others), just wanted to point that out!)
"Soo... why are you two here, aside from coming to pet my beloved cat and greet me oversinthusiatically?" Helene smirked, as Everett came back and weaved around my legs in a figure eight.
"We're here to show you around, and give you a schedule. Normally Ben would do it, but he is the king after all, and with Mal being his lady, she is also busy with "royal duties" or whatever." Helene explained while rolling her eyes. Haven's pale arm came into view, as she was handing me a schedule with a bright smile on her face. I took from her and furrowed my brow, feeling Helene and Haven leaning on each of my shoulders curious on what I got. This was the order:
Remedial Goodness 101
Basic Chivalry
Grammar
Bad Fairies
Lunch
Mathematics
History of Auradon (what a snooze fest!)
Chemistry
Safety Rules for the Internet
"Anything I should know about the classes?" I questioned, turning to each of the sisters.
"Well, for Remedial Goodness, choose the most boring option." Haven explained.
"There's a two hour exam on smiling, so prepare yourself." Helene advised, referring the class as well.
"Gotcha." I said feeling slightly exasperated.
"Anyway, let's give you the tour!" Helene said in a mocking tone, as I rolled my eyes.
"Just show me around. I don't want to be around you longer than I have too!" I spat with a glare. Helene just shrugged, brushing it off. I always wanted to beat, but I never knew why. Maybe because she had a better status? She is a goddess. I thought as we began the tour.
🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁
About an hour later, we finally arrived at my room. Apparently I was to be isolated, AKA without a roommate. They didn't have "enough room". Please! They're just terrified that I'll tear someone to shreds or throw them off a cliff completed with an epic villain monologue. Yeah, not my style. Oh well. I guess it'll have to make do.
"Can I make adjustments?" I question. Helene shook her head.
"We know it's a bummer. We tried to ask for a room change, but the school won't allow it." Haven explained as I frowned in disappointment and we parted ways. As soon as the "Princesses of the Underworld" were gone, I unpacked and laid down on my bed with a big "plop". This was going to take some adjusting, but it might work. Tomorrow's a Monday, all I gotta a do is survive and get that wand. But is it really worth it?

Hi!
Hope you enjoyed this part! I hope it didn't sound awkward (I don't why, but my first chapters always seem to be... uh... forced?)
I also listened to the
Z-O-M-B-I-E-S soundtrack while writing this randomly!
I might update tomorrow, but I don't know. Someone's coming to our house on Monday, so I've got chores to do. We'll see!
Bye!
BatgirlGeek❤️

 We'll see!Bye!BatgirlGeek❤️