Chapter 14

~~~~~~~Cater's P.O.V.~~~~~~~

Amber had woken up a couple minutes after Conner had left with his mother. At first she said nothing, and she just stared at the wall in front of her. All of a sudden she just turned and looked at us as if she just noticed that we were in the room with her.

Ashley leaned forward and grabbed her hand softly "Amber are you feeling alright?"

At first she just stared at Ashley then all of a sudden she just jerked her hand away and screamed. Then all of a sudden she moved all the way to the far wall and curled into a ball.

Ashley just looked at me with a sadness in her eyes and tears running down her face. "Carter i scared her.." she started to cry harder and i grabbed her waist and pulled her into my arms.

Amber calmed down. After a minute she moved towards us and i growled at her. I didn't want her to hurt my mate anymore than she already has.

"Ash are you okay? I am so sorry that i freaked out like that i didn't know what was going on and i kind of lashed out a little bit." Amber says softly reaching her hand out to touch her shoulder.

Ashley vacated my arms and was bear hugging Amber withing 5 seconds.

"Amber i am so sorry i should have protected you better, i should have been watching more closely, and i am so sorry that i scared you like i did, I thought i lost my best friend...."

She says all of this softly but i can still hear everything that she says.

"Shh Ash you will never lose me remember sisters forever even if it isn't blood"

As soon as she said this Ashley started to cry and then Amber started to cry and it just turned into a big oh cry fest and i didn't know what to do with myself.

The girls stopped crying and after a minute I heard Connor walking down the hall. Conner walked in a minute later and i made my face look like horrified. He instantly bombarded me with questions.

"Is Amber okay, what's wrong? Why is her heart beat fluttering like that?"

I didn't answer any of his questions instead Ambers body just dropped back onto the bed.

Conner freaked out he was instantly at her side and we didn't know what to do.. Me and Ashley just sat there froze in our seats.

The pack doctor came rushing in a minute later. She made us move so she could get closer to Amber. She took her stethoscope and started listening to her heart rate.

She looks up with unshed tears in her eyes "Alpha I'm sorry to say but the Lunas heart rate is failing her.."

"What could have caused this?!"

"The Luna has been through a very traumatic experience. When you left her she was still healing. You absence, it caused her heart to feel abandoned."

"So why is her heart fluttering?"

"Sir her heart is failing her because she feels as if you failed her."

I didn't know what to do, my baby sister is dying. Our Luna is dying. I just sat there as Connor seemed to loose it. He fell to his knees and just started bawling his eyes out.