30

Kate's Pov 

Today is the day we are having the woman from DCFS come to the house to see if we can adopt Jonas. Over the past week that Jonas has been here he has been acting just like my boys. He is the missing piece that we was missing this whole time. Since we only have 4 bed room house, Jonas got his own room. The day we bought his bed, dresser and new clothes he was crying. He told Brantley and I that was the first time he got new things. If I could find his mother, I think I would just beat the living hell out of her and leave her to rote. How could someone do that to there own son. It's hell, is what it is. 

Brantley and the boys are working on a tree house for the boys. I wasn't crazy about the idea, but it's only 4 feet off the ground, so I guess it's not that bad. I cleaned and re cleaned the whole house about 4 times in the past 2 days. I want everything to go right, so we can adopt Jonas. I walked into the kitchen and saw that it was almost 2. The woman is going to be here any minute now. I walked outside so I can cheek up on Brantley and the boys. I was watching Brantley with the boys and he does have a good way with the kids. 

Brantley, Isaac, Jonas and Rocky was all painting the tree house in green and black camo. I heard a car pull up to the front of the house. Brantley looked over at me, and smiled. I waved back at him. I walked around the house and saw a tall woman getting out of the car. I walked over to her. 

"Hello." I said to her. She looked down at me. 

"Hello dear. I'm Ms. Walker. I was signed to your case. Are you Katelyn Hall." She asked me. 

"Yes I am. Glad you found us all the way out here?" I told her. 

"Yes. You and your family do live a good ways out here don't you." She said to me. 

"My soon to be husband had this house built before we got together. Now living here I've feel in love with this place." I told her. 

"I can see why? It's beauitful out here." Ms. Walker told me. 

"It is isn't it." I told her. 

"Where are the boys- Isaac, Jonas and little Rocky at?" She asked me. 

"Follow me. They are in the back yard building a tree house with Brantley." I told her. 

"Yes the soon to be husband. He is a country singer right." Ms. Walked asked me. 

"Yes he is. You a fan." I asked her. 

"I'm too old for this new music. But what my son has told me he is good." Ms. Walked told me. We walked around the house and I was pissed for what I saw. There they all was covered in paint. And my soon to be husband watching them. 

"Oh my!" Ms. Walker said. They all looked over at us. 

"Rocky started it mama." Isaac told me. I looked over at him and Jonas. 

"I don't care who started it. Y'all covered in paint. Brantley." I said to him. 

"Hey sorry mama. You know the saying, 'Boys Will Be Boys' right ma'am." Brantley said to Ms. Walker. 

"Right." Ms. Walker said to Brantley. 

"Brantley, this is Ms. Walker. From DCFS." I told her. Brantley's eyes got big. 

"That's today." Brantley asked me. 

"Yeah. The 17th." I told him. 

"Shit. Fuck. I mean sorry ma'ma." Brantley said to Ms. Walker and myself.