35

Katie's Pov 

I just got out of shower here at the hospital. I've been here ever since Brantley and I got married. That's been 4 days ago and I haven't left this hospital at all. When we got to the hospital they took Brantley right up to get surgery. We found out that he was stabbed 2 times and had 5 broken ribs. But since he lost a lot of blood poor Brantley fell into a coma. The doctors say he should wake up on his own, but if he isn't awake by the end of this week, the are going to try to get him up with medicine. 

After I got dress for the day I walked out of the bathroom, back into the room with Brantley. I walked over to his bed and gave him a morning kiss. 

"You need to wake up soon baby. The boy's been wanting you to take them fishing and camping soon." I said to him. Brantley just looks like he is sleeping. 

"I need you to wake up soon too. I can't loose you. Please wake up baby." I said to him. The door opened up, so I wiped my tears away. I looked and saw mom and Ms. Becky walking into the room. 

"How's he doing today baby?" Ms. Becky asked me. 

"Still the same mom. The doctors really think he can wake up on his own, but I just wish he will wake up now." I told them. 

"Have faith hon. Brantley was stabbed twice and got 5 broken ribs. He's strong, you wait and see." Ms. Becky said to me. 

"I wish I was." I said to them. 

"What are you talking about? You are one of the strongest people that I know. 3 kids, an ex husband and a crazy Julie. Honey you are strong." Mom said to me. 

"And if you think you are falling, you got us and Mona and Kolby, and Carter and Ashton." Ms. Becky said to me. 

"See. You need us to be strong for you now we will." Mom said to me. I smiled at them. 

"Thanks you guys." I said to them. 

"Hey we are family." Becky said to me. 

"Where are the boys at?" I asked them. 

"Kolby and Mona has them for the night. Your mother and I have a few things to take care of and---" I cut them off. 

"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have just left them like that. God, I'm falling apart." I said to them. 

"No, no, no, no honey. Your husband is in the hospital, we have the boys for as long as you need to be here with Brantley." Ms. Becky said to me. 

"Where are you ladies up too today?" I asked them. I sat down next to Brantley so I could rub his hand. 

"We just got to pay some bills and see an old friend about something. Nothing for you to worry about. You need to think of Brantley and Brantley only. You hear me young lady." Ms. Becky said to me. I smiled at her. 

"Yes ma'am." I said to her. 

"Becky, it's 9 all ready we need to be going." Mom said to my mother in law.

"Right. Okay honey, call us if something comes up of if you need anything." Ms. Becky said to me. 

"I will." I said to her. She gave me a hug.

"I love you." Ms. Becky said to me. 

"Love you too Ms. Becky." I said to her. Ms. Becky walked over to her son laying in bed. Mom walked over to me and pulled me into a hug. 

"Call me later." Mom said to me. 

"I will. Thanks for taking care of the boys are me. Do you or Ms. Becky need any money. Mom, what about work?" I asked her.