11. REGULUS BLACK (Bonus Chapter)

Start from the beginning

So Regulus Black asked Malfoy the direction to the common room as they were walking down the stairs to the dungeons and slipped off as soon as he spotted the boys' washroom.

He had just done his business and was washing his hands when he noticed something in the mirror. At once he turned around to find three boys standing at the door.

The boy in the middle was rather lanky with curly brown hair and lopsided green eyes. He had no chin, so to speak of, and, for some reason, had his wand out. On his right stood a pudgy little boy with bright ginger hair and on his left was a rather big boy with dense black hair.

"Oh, Hullo," Regulus said, shyly. He didn't remember seeing them at the Slytherin table but they had to be Slytherin, why else would they be in the dungeons. "I'm Black, Regulus Black."

The lanky boy's eyebrows went up and he smiled crookedly.

"Malius Jones," he said. "So, you are that Slytherin boy, aren't you? The one who cause so much drama."

"I wouldn't call it drama..." said Regulus in a tiny voice. "You are not from Slytherin?"

The boy scoffed and the other two at his shoulders followed.

"Slytherin?" he said with disgust, "I'd rather die. I'm a Gryffindor, of course. Slytherin is the worst you can do, as far as sorting is concerned."

"Hey!" Regulus shrieked. He had only been a Slytherin for three hours and yet he could feel the heat surge up on his face. Slytherin was a lot more than a school house, it was a part of his identity- his family's identity. "You take that back!"

"Or what?" said Jones, "You'll fight me?"

The tall boy behind him snorted while the ginger only shuffled nervously.

"Slytherin house had produced some of the greatest wizards. Why, Merlin himself was Slytherin. What has Gryffindor given the wizardkind? Quidditch players and hotheaded mudbloods with egos bigger than the moon itself," said Regulus in one single breath. He could sense that this conversation would not end well and wished that someone from his house would realise he was missing and come looking for him.

"Why you little-" said the bigger boy and moved towards Regulus with such speed and ferocity that Regulus felt his anger melting away only to be replaced by fear. He moved back until his back was pressed against the sink. It was no use though, the boy hit Regulus across the face with such force that he fell to the ground.

"Now, now Thomas, don't be so crass. Although I must say, he did have it coming for showing such disrespect for a house when the Headmaster himself is a Gryffindor," said Jones as Regulus tried to sit up.

"Dumbledore is nothing but a waste of flesh and air. He is the most useless Headmaster Hogwarts has ever seen!" said Regulus, unable to stop himself. It was something his mother used to say all them time.

Malius Jones pointed his wand at Regulus. "Locomotor Mortis," he said.

Regulus felt his legs move closer but there was no pain. Of course, this boy was nothing but a fool with a wand.

"Let's teach him a lesson boys," said Jones.

Regulus tried getting up, ready to defend himself when he realised that his legs were sticking to one another.

Panicked, he looked about desperately for a way out. Screaming for help would not only be useless but also make him look like a complete loser.

"Wait!" he said, "My brother- Sirius, he's your Senior."

The boys only laughed at that.

"Hiding behind big brother's robes?" said Jones.

"Well, what more did you expect from a Slytherin," said Thomas.

"You leave me alone right now or wait till my brother hears about this," Regulus said as a desperate attempt to save his butt.

"Your brother already knows about this," said Jones, "Why, he is the one who sent us."

______

A/N: I felt we really needed a Regulus POV at this point though I don't think this book will have more of it. I was initially planning on having all this revealed through a conversation that Remus and Regulus have, but it all felt too far-fetched (you know, Regulus being more comfortable telling stuff to Remus than to Sirius).

So yea, when Sirius apologized for gasping "No!", Regulus thought he was apologizing for sending Jones after him. A classic case of miscommunication.

Also, I'm trying to work out a schedule for faster uploads, but for now a new chapter every five days is all I can do (Sorry!).

Please comment and let me know what you thought of the chapter and don't forget to click on the start if you liked it. :)