The girl said, "Whatever." and walked away.

Sarah said, "You were with Carter." 

I told her what happened and she said, "Stay away from him he's a jerk. You deserve much better."

We walked to our next period and luckily we weren't late. Carter was sitting in the back. He smirked at me I looked away. Sarah and I sat a few desks in front of him. I could feel him staring at me and I couldn't concentrate during class. The bell rang and Sarah walked me to my next period then she walked to hers. I hated the fact she wasn't here. I mean her and Lucy are the only ones I know I'm gonna feel so uncomfortable I walked in and sat down on a a desk in the back.

The bell rang which meant class had started. Like ten minutes later, Carter walked in and the teacher said, "Carter, late again." Carter said, "I was doing something important."

A boy siting in the back of the room on the other side chuckled and said, "Who'd you fuck this time?" 

The teacher turned to him and said, "Alex hush!" 

He just laughed and said, "Whatever."

The teacher, Mr.Sanchez said, carter have a seat he looked at me and smirked he walked to the empty desk next to mine and sat down he didn't say anything either.

******Carters POV******

I walked into Mr.Sanchez classroom i was late so I was expecting a lecture or a detention, maybe even both.

Mr.Sanchez said late again carter i said yea i was doing something important alex said who'd you fuck this time 

Mr.Sanchez hushed him and told me to sit down. I looked around and I spotted the person I was hoping to see. I saw her sitting there in the back by herself and I sat in the empty seat next to her. I have to say she kneed me really hard earlier, I was on the floor for like ten minutes. I sat down and she ignored me. I could tell she didn't like me but I didn't care. I wanted her, I wanted for myself. Nobody else but me. She was on a whole other level of gorgeous. She was perfect. Her eyes, her smile, her cute dimples,  when she blushed; she looked so adorable; and her cherry red lips, they look so kissable. I think I could actually fall for her. I stopped my train of thought, I can't think this, I'm Carter I don't fall for girls I fuck them. I fell in love once and I'll never make that mistake again. 

Mr.Sanchez called my name and asked, "What was Russia named before?" 

Grace whispered, "The Soviet Union." 

I repeated Grace and he said, "Good! I'm glad your paying attention." 

He continued blabbing his mouth. I see what Grace was doing, she gave me the answer so that she didn't have to owe me anything anymore. 

I looked at her and said, "Thanks."

 She nodded and looked back at Mr.Sanchez. I started staring at her and day dreaming about her without even noticing I was interrupted because she said, "Carter um... Mr.Sanchez said we had to read chapter 5 with our partner for the next fifteen minutes." 

I said, "Oh um alright." 

She took out her book and said, "Take out your book." 

I looked sheepishly at her and said, "Um I can't." 

A look of confusion crossed her face and she asked, "Why?" 

Rubbing my neck, I said, "Well I lost it in the beginning of the school year."

She put her book in between the two of us so that we could both read it. She began reading but I interrupted her and said, How are we going to do our science project if you don't like me and its over the weekend?" 

She thought for minute and said, "You could come to my house or I could go to yours or we could go to the library."

I said "You could come to my house." 

She looked unsure and kinda nervous but then she replied, "Yes." I gave her my address and phone number.

She asked, "What time?" 

I replied, "Around 12 I guess." She nodded and we continued to read until the bell rang. Then she got up and left. I followed her without her noticing. She walked with Sarah to the cafeteria and I walked behind them. I had lost them when I finally saw her again she was in the cafeteria line with Drew. 

I clenched my fist and grit my teeth. Drew. I hated him, he's the reason I'm like this. He's the reason I'm broken and can't love. 

I walked over to her and Drew, I grabbed her arm, and dragged her out the cafeteria and into a closet. She looked scared confused and shocked. I could see right through her. 

She cleared her throat and said, "What do you want Carter." 

I said, "Why were you with him?" 

She said, "What are you talking about?" 

"Drew. Why were you with him?" 

She said, "He's my friend. Now can I leave?" 

"No you can't." 

She groaned and said, "Look, I don't want any problems with your girlfriend so let me out." 

I looked at her confused and said "Girlfriend? I don't have a girlfriend, I'm Carter, I only have one night stands." 

She said, "Well, who ever that girl was she said to stay away from you unless I want her to make my life miserable and I cant have my life be more miserable then it already is so let me out." She pushed me out the way. 

She turned back looked at me and said, "Look carter I don't want anything to do with you after we do our project. I don't want you near me got it." With that she walked away.