Ch. 3: Fortress of Denial

Tord was alone in his room, pacing back and forth. How did that end up on the street? He thought. And why was it a puzzle? If you're trying to sell someone out do it properly. He, also thought, confusingly.

He stopped when he heard a knock on the door.
"Come in," he said, still pondering. The door opened and Edd came in, looking worried.
"Hey, you alright there?" Edd asked concerned. (You guys have the right to know I typed 'seductively' at first)
Tord looked up at him, and then looked away.
"Y-yeah, I'm fine," he shrugged, he wasn't fine. Edd knew what he meant, he learned from Matt telling himself he had to look better.
"Alright, Tord. Spill, now," Edd crossed his arms, though he wasn't that menacing, the bean was 5' 10.
Tord didn't know how to explain, "I, I-I uhm... It's-" he was cut off by a loud hiss.

They both ran out hurriedly, and they paused after seeing something, odd.

A/N: Saw the photo and something poofed in my head. also HE'S SO CUTE.

Edd looked at it for a long time, while Tom was near it already.
"Matt, what is the meaning of this?!" Edd snapped, making Matt jump a little.
"Tom tried taking down one of the guards to my castle!" he hissed, shooting a look at Tom.
Tom looked at him aggravated "He's using Tomee! I want him back!" Tom threw a little tantrum, which is also pretty normal in the Eddsworld household.
Edd shook his head, "Matt, give him back, you can use a pillow!" Edd tried reaching for Tom's stuffed bear, and Matt started whimpering, using puppy dog eyes.

Edd stopped dead, looking at Matt. His heart melted, Tord was already back in his room, and Tom was waiting impatiently. Edd shook it off and grabbed Tomee, making Matt use alligator tears. Tom walked back to his room and started playing, but Edd knelt down and looked Matt straight in the eyes.

"Now Matt, what did I tell you?" Edd asked, wiping a tear from his face.
Matt looked at him, and spoke,
"'Don't build a wall to fix your self esteem'" he repeated delightfully.
Edd smiled sweetly, "Good, now, take your castle down. We need the couch cushions."
Matt pouted, but Edd was a brick wall when it came to him. He got up and started picking up all the blankets and such.

Time skip brought to you by the harpoons! A family of fish are under attack by Tomska and his harpoon army, will Swimmington make it out alive? Find out in this week's episode of, The Harpoons!

Matt was done cleaning, and he felt really proud of himself. Edd giggled at his humbleness,
"Good! Now, promise you'll be more optimistic about yourself? Don't wanna end up like Tom, do you?" Edd asked sassily, I guess.
Matt jumped at the mention of it, "Heaven's, no! I promise!" Matt smiled with child-like innocence, making Edd's heart melt. He shook it off, trying to hide his feelings.

Didn't I tell you? Edd is in love. Denial is part of it, so let's see how this goes.

A/N: If I don't get any requests soon this'll end up like any other fanfic. I'm trying to make this fun for both you, the reader, and the author, me! Please, I might run out of ideas soon and I don't want another fanfic of mine forgotten. Signing out, Kinky.