3

I woke up to a bag roughly thrown over my head and cuffs locked around my wrists again. I struggled and whimpered.

"Please let me go." I pleaded as I was dragged from the bed by my braid. There was no answer. In darkness, I was forced to follow whoever had me, I stumbled along out into the cold stone hallway. I tripped and instead of waiting for me to recover they dragged me kicking and screaming across the slick floor.

When my captor finally came to a stop I was lifted by the cuffs at my wrists and they were locked overhead. I could barely stand, the only way to get any relief in my shoulders and wrists was to stand on the tips of my toes.

"I thought you said she was obedient?" An unknown voice rasped.

"She will be." I recognized Tyr's voice and there was something about knowing he wasn't the one who pulled me out of bed that made me feel betrayed almost.

"That's not obedient."

"Thank you for your unsolicited opinion. Get on with it or get the fuck out." I heard the now familiar sound of a zippo clicking open and lighting.

I jumped as one of them smoothed something on the small of my back.

"I'm going to need you to hold her still for this."

Moments later I felt Tyr's arms around me and smelled the sweet, spicy smoke of his cigarette. The lower portion of the bag lifted for a moment and the unknown man pressed a piece of leather between my lips. Panic set in and I squirmed.

"Don't," was all Tyr had to say to still me. Mewling, desperate, and panicked noises escaped my throat as he held me fast. "Deep breath." He instructed as I felt the heat of something at my back. I tried not to squirm again, instead I sobbed but those sobs quickly turned to brutal screams as the brand sizzled against my skin.

There was no moving away from the pain as the smell of my cooking flesh filled the air. My throat was hoarse when they finally removed the iron from me.

"That took better than the last one," the unknown voice said before they set to bandaging the burn. I sobbed.

"Please, don't do this." I begged, but as always it fell on deaf ears. I was Tyr's, my body was his to do with as he pleased and he wanted me marked. I trembled uncontrollably as my heart thudded frantically at the back of my throat.

"Shh, it's almost over." Tyr placed a kiss on my shoulder and spun me around so he held me from behind.

The buzz of a tattoo machine brought the screams out again as an unknown hand smoothed cool liquid of some sort on my lower belly below my hips and right above my slit. Compared to the brand the tattoo only felt like a dull scratching but I wailed all the same. There was something about being marked by a stranger as the property of someone I barely knew which sent a jolt of terror and dread through me. For the rest of my life I would never be able to forget my body wasn't my own. From that moment on I could be nothing but his.

By the time the unknown man finished the tattoo my cries died down to only the softest of sobs and Tyr stroked my sides almost lovingly.

"This is new. Usually you're watching from the other side of the room." The unknown spoke as he smeared another cream over the tattoo and placed a bandage on top of it.

"Just get on with it," Tyr growled, his hands slid up my sides to my breasts where he cupped them, then pinched and twisted my nipples, making me gasp and moan despite myself. The leather in my mouth was softer now from my saliva and seemed to grow saltier by the moment. An odd thought found its way into my mind as I arched back against Tyr almost instinctively. How many other women had that leather in their mouth? Did they scream like I did? Or was I the malcontent, the disobedient one in a string of perfectly pliable lovers, the sole one who refused to cave to Tyr's wealth and attractiveness?