Chapter 25

Warning- blood and violence, again. The feels

Word count- 767 words

Enjoy~

Your POV

And just like that the sound of a bullet cracks through the air from behind me, and I fell over.
.
As I hit the ground, there was a moment of silence. All I could hear was the ringing in my ears. Then the pain hit me. It was sharp and it felt like burning. Slowly, sound came back to my ears and I heard more gunshots behind me.

I moved my head to the other side, and pain explodes throughout my body. I cried out loudly, and I notice Johnny by my side, he's holding a crying Joshua.

"(y/n)!" Finally, I can hear properly.

Johnny clearly doesn't know what to do, and I don't either. I slowly moved my head too see a crimson puddle growing bigger and bigger by my shoulder.

"Johnny." I managed to whisper. Everything hurts so badly.

"Mommy!" Joshua wailed, balling his poor little eyes out.

"H-hey, it's okay, I'm going to be fine." I shakily said, looking at Johnny.

He's crying; he didn't know what to do. Two police suddenly appear by my side, one pulls out a radio.

"We need an ambulance now someone's been shot!"

"Ma'am this is going to hurt but we need to stop the bleeding." The other said.

I nodded as tears roll down my face. They press down on the wound to minimize the bleeding. I screamed out in pain.

"Stop, please stop." Johnny says from next to me. I adverted my gaze to him, still whimpering.

"Sir, it's to stop the bleeding." The one officer says.

"MOMMY!" Joshua stopped crying to yell again.

I keep taking deep breaths. Every breath hurts, but it seems like I need deeper breaths to get enough.

A siren bellows out close by, and sure enough an ambulance comes speeding towards us. They all rush out and sit by my side.

"Ready, one, two, three." They lifted me up. I cry out again as they lift me up and set me down.

Once more they press on my shoulder and I try to contain a scream but I fail. IVs are inserted into my arms and the ambulance is already off.

I turned my head towards the crying toddler. Someone goes over to him and puts a mask over his face and holds in there, probably sleeping gas to calm him down. I looked at Johnny again to see him still in tears.

I don't know what it's from, but everything starts to become a blur. I'm rushed I into hospital and there are doctors everywhere. I'm hooked up to multiple machines, and they instantly bring blood for me. I'm getting black spots in my eyes and it's cold.

"Johnny." I whispered as they bring me to surgery to close up my bleeding wound.

I opened my eyes after surgery. I guess I wasn't out of the clear because there are still many doctors surrounding me.

"Am I going to be okay?" I croaked weakly.

"Get Johnny." One said, and another ran out.

"Ma'am, you are going to be just fine." He reassured me. I sighed in relief. I was really scared for a moment.

"(y/n)!" Johnny came running through the door. I smiled weakly as he runs to my side and hugs my waist, avoiding my shoulder. "I-I thought I-I was going to lose you." His voice cracked as he looked up at me. I slowly brung my "Good" arm to his hand and gently squeezed it. A tear escaped my eyes. I don't know what to say.

"Ma'am, there is some bad news." The doctor from before came back in. A lump appears in my throat and I feel Johnny's arms tighten their grip around my waist.
"You are pregnant, and it's unlikely The baby will make it." The doctor said. the other two stop what those doing and look at me.

Under other circumstances I would be ecstatic to know I'm pregnant again. We've been trying for baby number two for almost six months now, but I feel absolutely horrible. I sob out, not caring if it hurts extremely bad. I also feel Johnny's tears wetting the thin hospital gown on my stomach.

"I'm so sorry." The doctor adds. "You lost so much blood, and it might have just been to much for the baby. We are running tests right now."

I wish this was all just a dream—well, A nightmare, but I know it's not; I can feel the burning pain in my chest.

We can't lose our child.