Chapter 20

Word count- 730 words

Enjoy~

Your POV

I was so bored. I had nothing to do. I just laid here, on the couch bored as could be. But suddenly the garage door opens and the truck came flying in.

I peeked my head over the couch and see Johnny hop out of the truck. He looks around the room and his eyes land on mine. I laugh and put my head lower, hiding it from his sight. The room went silent and I slowly peek my head over the couch to see where he went.

Well, I guess he sneaked up behind me, because he grabs me, causing me to scream. He picks me up in his arms and chuckles as I laugh from my screaming. Slowly he puts me down and I sit in his lap hugging him.

"Hey Johnny." I giggled again.

"Mornin', (y/n)." He said, hugging me tighter.

"Did you see your dad?" I ask him.

He pulls away and looks me in the eyes nodding. I lean in and hug him again.

"How did it go?" I asked.

"Good." He says, burying his face in my neck. His breath tickles.

"What did he have to say?" I asked him.

He pulls away and looks me dead in the eyes. "He wants to meet you."

This came as a surprise to me. I thought he didn't like me. I sat and looked in the distance thinking, is this him giving me a chance?

"Do you wan' to meet him?" He asks softly.

I just simply nodded my head, moving my gaze to Johnny. He smiles at me and I can't help but smile back. His smile can light up a room, honestly.

"I love you." He said

"I love you too." I whispered, slowly leaning in to kiss him.

Time skip~

I looked at Johnny, who was sitting on the couch. I took a deep breath, trying to stop my shaking. I have to do it. I have to tell him about these dream—flash backs, I've been having.

I walked over to Johnny and plop into his lap. He chuckles a bit, but it fades as he sees my expression. "What's wrong?" His arms wrap around my waist.

"I need to tell you something. I should have told you along time ago, but I was to scared." I whispered the last part.

"You can tell me anythin'." He says, giving me a small smile.

I take a deep shaky breath. "When I got my first nightmare I didn't remember much of it. It just felt so real, and that's what scared me. The same thing happened over and over and I refused to sleep. When I did, I'd only have another nightmare, but Ash would wake me up or calm me down." I took a breath, trying not to leak any tears.

"But then that one night it was so much worse, it felt so real, all of it." I exhaled shakily. "The hopeless feeling that I couldn't do anything, the pain I felt and just how scared I was and I couldn't do anything about it. I didn't know what was happening all I could think is how real it felt." I stopped for a moment, taking another breath.

"But then I realized it was real, all of it. It's my past Johnny." Thats when the tears really started to flow. I pointed to my inner elbows showing him the many small scars. I tugged on my pants showing him the scar on my left hip and lastly the tattoo on my right wrist.

"It's all real." I said as tears rolled down my face. I felt Johnny's hands cup my face before his fingers moved up to wipe my tears away. For the brief moment my tears went away I saw that Johnny had a few tears rolling down his face. He pulled me closer and rested his chin on top of my head as I cried.

"It's ok I won' let them hurt you again." He said hugging me tighter. I just sat there in Johnny's warm arms slowly falling asleep. Yes, I was scared, but it felt like a twenty pound weight had been lifted of my shoulders. The feeling of relief took over and I slowly drifted off to sleep.

I was Test Subject 243 and I was sent here for a reason...
.