“They must be used to doing this.” Carter murmured over to Jason.

“Yeah.” Jason answered with a frown. He didn’t like this situation at all. Santiago looked cynical and just plain evil. The man face didn’t even flinch as he put a bullet in another human’s head. A man that seemed to be part of his team nonetheless. No remorse was right.

With a nod from their boss, two of the men walked towards the body that was against the wall while another two went over to the one that they witnessed being killed by Santiago and dragged them out. The last one of the men with dark blond hair and a crooked nose stood beside Santiago as they spoke in soft whisper that was barely audible to Jason or Carter’s ears.

His eyes shot over to them as he nodded his at Santiago and turned towards the cabinet as Santiago made a hand gesture for them to move closer to the desk. They threw each a quick glance before taking the short steps required to stand in front of the furniture. Their faces held no emotion as Santiago’s man took one packet and dropped it on the desk. Just as quickly, he pulled out a pocket knife and swiped at the edge of the packet to cut it open and white powdery substance spilled out of it and onto the table.

“The best quality cocaine in the America’s; straight from Colombia. I promise you that your buyers won’t be disappointed.” Santiago slurred in his accented tongue.

“I could take your word for it but like you said before Mr. Santiago, people in this business can’t be trusted.” Carter finally responded to him. Taking out a white card from his jeans, he bent over the desk and started to cut small lines of the narcotics with ease.

Jason watched with curiosity as Carter dipped his pinky in the powder and brought it up to his mouth and nodded his approval to Santiago. “Ok. We’re good here.”

“Of course you are Mr.….?”

“Carter. I’m Carter and he’s Jason.”

“It’s a pleasure to work with you Mr. Carter, Jason. Now please let’s finish off with this quickly. I’m in need of a shower… and a new yacht.” Santiago said in disgust as he looked at his cream colored carpet, stained with blood. Just then the other four men walked back into the room and picked the other two bodies of the men who escorted Jason and Carter earlier and dragged them out the room also.

Carter nodded at him. “We won’t hold you up any longer. Give him the case Jason.”

Jason turned his head towards Carter and gave him a questioning look as if asking him if he was sure. Carter shook his head yes and Jason slid the briefcase onto the table. Santiago’s man popped the case open and scanned his eyes over the money before closing it shut.

“It’s all here.” He said to Santiago in a clipped tone.

“Very well. A few of my men will bring the packets to you on the dock and you can be on your way.” He brought forth his hand and held it up towards Carter and Jason.

Jason being extremely wary of the man didn’t want to be first to shake his hands and let Carter do so before him. After he let carter’s hand go, Jason placed his hand against Santiago’s palm and gave him a strong handshake. Just as he was ready to let go of the man’s hand, Santiago clamped down and squeezed Jason’s hand tighter than necessary. The look on his face was neutral but his eyes held something in them, something that Jason couldn’t correspond or quite understand but it was something.

Jason instantly glared and tightened his own grip around Santiago’s. Neither man budged as they stared each other down with the most intimidating looks.  Santiago was the first to break as a smirk slowly made its way onto his face and he let his grasp slip away from Jason’s who eyed him suspiciously and sent Carter a ‘what the hell’ look.