#15 || Why Black pride is widely acceptable, and White Pride isn't.

This chapter is going to rattle a lot of folks, but it's something that I was thinking about because I question everything, even myself.

I was wondering, "Why is White Pride so racist, when Black Pride is not? Isn't it just two different colors?"

No, it's not just two different colors.
They are two different colors, but it isn't that simple.

A lot of people talk about "not seeing color" and being "color blind", but that isn't the goal. The goal is not to all be of the same, but to have tolerance for each other, and understand that we are different, all the while not seeing each other more superior than the other.

You can't overlook my color; colors bring culture, and experiences with them.

When you are brown, you have probably experienced xenophobia, and you are probably not Christian, and don't celebrate Christmas or Easter. If you are black, you have probably experienced prejudice, and probably experienced a police officer treating you or your parents as a criminal.

You can't erase those experiences by saying you don't see color.

When you are a person of color, you are put to shame about your people. Mexicans are dirty, black people are thieves, middle-eastern people are terrorists etc.
Observe.

GAY pride
BLACK pride
LANIX pride

What do all of those have in common?

They are minorities.

What are white people put to shame about?

Not seasoning food.
(If there are more that you think I should know about, comment it, but I can't recall any that are bad.)

Black pride, Latinx pride, Spanish pride, Asian pride, its all about despite being a minority, I am proud to be me.

White pride? It's kinda the celebration of being a "superior race"...

We aren't asking you to feel bad about yourself. No one should ever feel bad to be themselves, or their race.

I am not white, so I don't know how it feels to be told I can't be "proud to be white", but the best I can do is explain why it's not perceived as something positive.