IV

        Taehyung in the story (The third image/second gif is what he's wearing)

||| ||| |||

"What's your name?" The man before Jungkook grinned wider, and Jungkook didn't fail to take notice of the lopsided, almost boxy shape it took.

"Um- well that depends on who's asking." Jungkook cleared his throat, digging deep inside himself for the bit of confidence.

The man chuckled quietly. "Oh come on, kid. You were just talking about me, I think I deserve at least your name in return."

The confidence suddenly shriveled. Was this really him? Was this the Kim Taehyung?

The man sensed the unease and seemed to find it more amusing, eyeing the boy up and down.

"I'm- not a kid. I'm 22." Jungkook balled his fists, dodging the question.
"Alright. How about I call you cutie?"
The man stepped closer, into the light which allowed Jungkook to observe his features better. The hair was messy and blonde, but it almost had a faint, golden undertone in the dull lighting. He wore a black leather jacket over a dark hoodie, the hood resting against his back and the sleeves peeking out from the sleeves of the leather jacket. It was an interesting look, but the man managed to pull it off.
Next, Jungkook took notice of his eyes. His eyes were the color of dark chocolate. Deep and rich in intensity.

Captivating.
"Is the silence a yes? Cutie?" The man, who Jungkook could now know as Kim Taehyung, grinned.
"No." Jungkook glared.
Taehyung took a step towards him again. Jungkook would move back if it weren't for the fact his feet felt almost rooted to the cement sidewalk.
"Darling?"
"What? No!" Jungkook protested once again. But this seemed to humor Taehyung even more.
A single finger tapped Jungkook's chin teasingly, and the touch made Jungkook cringe, his top lip curling up in disgust.

"Hm... then what should I call you..." Taehyung murmured aloud. He trailed his finger upwards, lightly tapping what was exposed of Jungkook's front teeth. "How about... Bunny." He cooed.

Jungkook immediately swat his hand away and shot him a look that was a mix of disgust and embarrassment.
"Jungkook. My name is Jeon Jungkook." He grumbled. Anything to keep Taehyung from giving him a pet name.

Taehyung nodded and brought his hand back to himself. "Jeon Jungkook... so.. Kookie?"
"What- no! God, no!" Jungkook scowled. "Jungkook. That's it. No Kookie, no bunny."

"Stubborn, I see." The blonde haired man nodded slowly. "Alright then. I'll call you Jungkook for now."
"For now?" Jungkook glared harder.
Taehyung dismissed the question and once again looked him up and down, then looked around.

"You know the house that sits by the river?" Taehyung mused.
Jungkook's cold scowl faded into confusion. "The mansion?"
Taehyung nodded. "That's where I live. You should stop by. I'd love to chat further, and who knows. Maybe you could get that story." He winked and pulled his hood up. "See you around, Jungkook."

Jungkook stood where he was, watching the mysterious man walk away and disappear down the sidewalk.
"How did he know I was going to write a story...?" He muttered to himself, completely shocked by the previous moments.

He didn't know how he hadn't noticed earlier, but the rain had picked up and his tee shirt was now completely soaked. He cursed under his breath and continued on his way home, shoes squeaking from being soaked once he got inside. He kicked them off after locking the front door behind him and went to his bedroom to change into dry clothes.

That Kim Taehyung guy was so weird. Yet captivating? Maybe it was just the fact he was so drop dead handsome, but Jungkook couldn't seem to shake the thought of him. He was complex, a puzzle that had yet to be solved. If it was even possible to solve him, that is...

Jungkook momentarily thought about calling Jimin to tell someone about the experience, but he decided against it being that he was, at this point, too exhausted to make conversation, even if it was about a strikingly gorgeous mystery man.

He ignored the fact that he had a broken camera to take care of and went straight to bed, after brushing his teeth and washing his face. It had been an interesting day. Possibly one of the most interesting days he had had in a while...
Before putting his phone down to sleep, he noticed he had a text from Namjoon.

Namjoon: Have you looked into the name yet?

Jungkook chewed on his lip before responding.

His thumbs danced across the screen as he typed.

Jungkook: Yeah. Thanks. So far seems pretty promising, I'm interested.

And man, was that an understatement.

A/N: my friend Zoe encouraged me to double update despite the fact lowkey only like three people read this story so far lmao hi