Jack Grazer x Reader

Start from the beginning

"Jaeden's been ditching me lately, leaving me alone" you said with a frown.

"He's been what? Just ignore him, he doesn't know what he's losing" he said angrily.

"It's hard to ignore him, we've been friends for a while" you told him.

"It would be easier if we hung out more" Jack mumbled.

"What did you say?" You asked.

"Oh, nothing." He said quickly.

You didn't say anything after that, you didn't know what to say.

"We should get back soon. It's almost dinner time" Jack said, standing up.

"Ya, my mom will be home soon" you grabbed your napkin from the table.

"Well I'll walk you home. O-only if that's okay with you, I should have asked-"

"I'd love that" You cut him off, not wanting him to embarrass himself more.

He opened the door for you, and you walked out.

"I had a great time today. We should do it again" You told Jack.

"Really? Ya, we should" he smiled at you.

The walk back home was silent, once again. When you reached your block, Jack turned to you.

"You know, you should just tell Jaeden you're annoyed. He probably won't listen, but it's worth a shot" Jack suggested.

"Yeah, I guess I should try"

You reached your house.

"See you soon?" Jack started walking.

"Definitely" you opened the door, and stepped in.

"Y/N? Jaeden's here to talk to you" your mom yelled from the kitchen.

You froze. Jaeden's here?

"Hey y/n" Jaeden said.

"Let's go to my room" you walked up the stairs, dreading what's about to happen. You reached your room, and opened the door for him. He sat on the chair by your desk, while you plopped down on your bed.

"What's up?" you asked nonchalantly.

"I'm so sorry for ditching you. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm sorry" he said.

"Sorry doesn't fix me being alone. You were my best friend, Jaeden. Best friends don't do that" you spat.

"You're right. Maybe we could... be more than friends?" he asked with hope in his voice.

"More than friends? Are you kidding me? You ditch me for another girl for months, and you want to be more than friends? What kind of crazy are you! Get out and never talk to me again!" You yelled at him, anger evident on your face.

Jaeden walked out, looking sad.

"I'm sorry" he said again.

"I know. But i can't forgive you" you told him.

Jaeden walked down the stairs, and you laid on your bed, falling asleep.

When you woke up the next morning, you had 5 missed calls. 3 were from Jack, and 2 from Jaeden. You were not interested in talking to Jaeden again, so you called Jack.

"Hi!" Jack answered eagerly.

"Hey! What's up with all the calls this morning?" You asked him.

"Well, I wanted to see if you wanted to hang out again, but you didn't answer, so I kept calling back. Sorry if it was annoying" he informed you.

"It wasn't annoying; I had my phone on silent. But i'm up to hang out again today! Yesterday was fun" you smiled.

"Sure! Since we didn't go to the park yesterday, did you want to today?" He asked you.

"Sure! Anytime is good for me"

"Great! Want to go at noon?" He asked.

"That's a great time. See you then?"

"Yeah, i'll come by then. See you later!" he said.

"Bye!" You hung up, and got out of bed. First, you got dressed and grabbed your stuff so you didn't have to go back upstairs. Then you went downstairs to the kitchen to grab breakfast, which was just toast. You wolfed down the toast, and headed to the bathroom to do your hair and brush your teeth.

When you were finished, it was only 11. Since you had an hour to spare, you just went on Instagram. For once, your feed wasn't full of pictures of Jaeden, it was memes. Looking at memes should be a talent.

There was a knock on your door, so you stood up to go answer it.

"Hey! You ready?" Jack asked happily.

"Yep!" you close the door behind you, making sure it's locked.

"So you cool with going to the park by my house?" Jack asked, looking at you.

"I love that one!" you exclaimed. Jack kept staring at your face.

"Is there something on my face?" you asked him.

"What? Oh- n-no, why?" he stuttered, and blushed.

"Cause you keep staring at me" you told him.

"I am? Sorry bout that" he said sheepishly.

You nodded at him, and kept walking.

"I have a crush on you" Jack blurted out. As soon as he realized what he said, he had a horrified look on his face.

"Y/n, i'm so sorry, i don't know what i was thinking, it's totally fi-" you cut him off.

"I like you too. I realized it yesterday when we got ice cream. I used to have a crush on Jaeden, and he told me he likes me. I could never be with him now, and you helped realize that I deserve better" you smiled at him.

"Really? I always though you would end up with Jaeden" he told you.

"I always thought that too" you confessed.

"So is this a date now?" Jack asked.

"If you want it to be" You told Jack.

"Definitely"