OW Tournetent Battle 1 Part 5: Shaya vs Ianthe

As the announcement came and Shaya continued to stand there in disbelief. There was no way she heard that right. There was no way.But the relaxed resolve came over Ianthe in the invisible cage as she dropped her hands to her sides

"I won?! Not possible," she whispered to herself as her arm fell and the spell broke.

Ianthetouching the space before her, smiled to herself with relief when shewas able to step away from her prison. Then she looked across thearena at her competitor who returned to holding her upper right arm."Hey, Draculea," she sneered as Shaya turned to her. "Goodbattle."

StillShaya couldn't believe what she had heard. It didn't even registerthat Ianthe was approaching her.

"You okay?" Ianthe's brows knit together in confusion.

"Yeah,I think," Shaya looked around uncertainly. "Is it over already?We're done?"

Iantheactually laughed at that. The confusion on Shaya's face waspriceless. It was obvious winning was a nothing thing for theDraculina. "Yes, you won." Then looking at the still bleedingwound on Shaya's upper arm, she sighed. "Let's get you to theinfirmary and get that wound looked at."

"I won?" Shaya uttered in disbelief as she allowed Ianthe to lead her away from the arena. The crowds were still cheering for them both as they made their way back down the long hallway.

Cainran through the corridors, his shoes beating noisily in his wake. Hisheart racing while his pulse quicken. His mate was hurt. The spiderhad hurt her. He couldn't get there fast enough as he wound throughthe labyrinth, tracking her scent.

And as he turned the final corner, his heart stilled as he saw Shaya. "Shaya?"he breathed while she looked up, meeting his gaze.

"Cain!"she screamed as she ran for him, leaping into his arms.

Foldingher into his arms, he held her close as he breathed in herhoneysuckle scent. "Shaya... Shaya... Shaya, I'm so very proud ofyou. You did it. You did it."

Suddenlyhe felt her go limp in his arms, while a soft murmuring snorewhispered in his ear.

Puzzled,Ianthe approached and looked at them. "Uh, is she okay?"

"She just gave birth a few weeks ago, and has been training for days.She's just exhausted," he rubbed Shaya's back while she dangled over his shoulder like a slumbering toddler. Turning, he kissed her cheek and smiled. "You are my sweet angel. You are amazing. I am so very proud of you, my love. So very proud."