OW Tournament Battle 1 Part 2: Shaya vs Ianthe

Aslight began to fade to darkness and the moon began to crest thehorizon, Shaya made her way outside with Cain and Rayven by her side.Her heart was beating in anticipation of who was coming. She hadspent the better part of the day, the day before continuing herresearch on Ianthe. Even going so far as to locate the Porter'sSpider in the training room and watched her from the shadows.

Therewas no questioning that the girl had skills. And the way she wieldedthat sword of hers, it was the stuff of mastery. Something that evenher Uncle Mircea would be proud to see. But what held her fascinatedmost was how she wielded magic.

Asa student of Elementalism, she could produce and conjure fire withease. Which had fear traipsing through Shaya's heart. Fire was one ofthose things that all vampires feared. Even her father would rathersomeone burn in the flames than to risk himself.

Thenagain, who wasn't afraid of fire. Or at least anyone with a healthysense of caution feared fire.

Andthose extra appendages definitely proved to be a huge advantage.

Yes,Shaya had done what her cousin had requested on their phone callearlier that morning. She had observed Ianthe, watched her trainingand assessed her skills. And now was the day she got to meet with hercousin and train. Together they would formulate a strategy forvictory.

Though,for Shaya, victory ensured Ianthe kept all limbs intact and her lifepreserved.

Lookingdown, she gazed at the slumbering face of her daughter. With curls ofsnowy white tipped in black, Kelsey was every bit as adorable as herbrother. Though EJ was starting to suspect Kelsey was definitelygoing to be a daddy's girl. Cain seemed to hold a power over her thatnot even Shaya possessed.

WhenKelsey was just fussy, not needing a diaper change or nutritiousness,only Cain seemed to be able to get her to settle. It both made heroverjoyed that Cain held such a bond with his newborn baby girl, andinfuriated her. He wasn't the one who had carried her for the lastsix months, and traumatized poor Professor Jasper with the birth fromHell. Then again, if Cain had been the one giving birth Professorwould have been a blubbering mess afterwards. He'd probably quit andtell Cain he was on his own.

Gigglingas she looked at Kelsey, she shook her head. "You are going to bejust like your Auntie Helena when it comes to grandpa."

"Who'sgoing to be just like me, sissy?" Helena came behind her, pattingher on the back.

Turningto the straw blonde haired girl beside her, Shaya smiled. Possessingthe same blood red eyes of their family's preternatural heritage,Helena was every bit Shaya's opposite. Only a few inches shorter anda year younger, Helena had been the very reason Shaya had come toOtherworlde in the first place. After semesters to years worth ofbegging and pleading, Shaya finally caved and agreed to let hersister enroll her into Otherworlde Academy.

Thougheven Shaya had to admit there had been a lot of kicking and screamingon her part. Even if she was the eldest daughter of the Draculeachildren, in that moment she was more like her younger sisters Roseand Mariah. She hadn't really wanted to leave home. She thought shecould learn everything she needed to know within the walls ofHellsing.

Butnever had she been more wrong. Since enrolling, she had not onlylearned but excelled beyond even her wildest expectations. Especiallyin the Magical Linguistics classes.

"Kelsey.She's a big daddy's girl, just like you are with Big Daddy," Shayateased as Helena reached across her, taking Kelsey from Shaya'sgrasp. "Uh... Helena?"

Thensticking out her tongue at Shaya, Helena teased. "Well, she likesAuntie more than mommy or daddy."

Shayarolled her eyes. "Please..."