Chapter Twenty-Three: I want it all back

It seemed like everyone was going through something terrible. Everyone was depressed. Even though I was having marital issues and also dealing with another pregnancy, Angel was probably experiencing the worst. She truly believed Valerie’s death was her fault. Her old roommate Parris was going to prison for 10 years for Valerie’s death. On the day of Valerie’s funeral Angel tried to attend it but once she saw Tina, Alex, and Matt there she froze up. She couldn’t do it so she waited until the funeral was over to pay her respects.

“I probably shouldn’t even be here but I had to come to show my respects. I just want you to know that I didn’t want any of this to happen. I’m so sorry for calling you all of those mean names and stuff. That wasn’t right. I was just angry because I finally found a great guy after going through my troubles back in high school. I wasn’t going to let anyone take that from me.”

Matt was hiding behind a tree listening to the whole thing.

“I told her not to do it. I told her not to damage your car. Yeah I was upset about you kissing Matt but you didn’t deserve to pay with your life. And for that, I blame myself. It’s my fault you aren’t here anymore. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. May you rest in peace Valerie. Hopefully you had the chance to meet my unborn child that I lost a few years back.” Angel said as she shed a few tears.

After wiping away her tears she placed a bouquet of daisy flowers on Valerie’s dark oak wood coffin.

“I figured daisies were your favorite since you always wore that pink daisy clip on your head. Goodbye Valerie.”

Once Angel turned around to walk away she saw Matt just standing there looking at her. They both just stared at each other not really knowing what to say. Angel continued to look away. She couldn’t look him in the eye after what she did. Matt slowly walked toward Angel. Before he got close enough Angel ran off. She was so ashamed of herself. She didn’t know how to approach Matt so she ran away from him.

Angel finally made it back to her room alone. Alone in her dorm was how it was going to be for now on until next year. Angel hated being alone. Espeacially after what happened. Being alone made her think way more than what she wanted and on the wrong things. Angel shut the door behind her when she walked into her room. She tossed her keys on her desk and plugged her phone up to the charger. Just as she sat down on her bed to take off her shoes her phone began to ring. She looked to see that Matt was calling her. She didn’t bother to answer it. She didn’t know what to say to him after all that she had done.

A few days had gone by and Angel continued her now routine life. She would go to her classes then go back to her room to study, sleep, or talk to me on the phone when I wasn’t busy. That night Angel decided to spend the day relaxing. She was trying to stop herself from stressing as hard as she was so she finally took my advice to just relax. I even gave her the idea to turn off all of her lights, light up some candles, play some soft music, and just chill. Surprisingly she told all of my advice.

Just when Angel turned on the soft music her phone began to ring again as it did for the past few days. Angel knew it was Matt so she didn’t both to answer it. She turned the soft music up a little louder and sat down on her bed. She was a few seconds away from laying down when someone began knocking on the door. She assumed it was one of her neighbors complaining about the music even though it wasn’t that loud. Angel got up to answer the door and when she did, her mouth dropped.

Matt was standing there when Angel opened the door.

“Hi Angel. Can I come in?”

“Actually, I’m kind of busy right now.” Angel replied.

“Please Angel. I promise it won’t take long.”

Angel finally decided to let him in.

When Matt came into the room he was shocked. He saw the candles around the room and heard the soft music playing.

Lessons on Love (L.O.L.) {Watty Awards 2012}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara