Chapter Fifteen: Testing for life

I managed to cry myself to sleep. The next morning Darion was woke up by his cell phone. Darion slowly answered the phone. 

“Hello.” 

“Darion is Jazlynn with you?” My father asked. 

“No. Why, what’s going on?” 

“Jazlynn left out last night and she didn’t tell us anything so we just assumed that she was with you.” 

Darion froze thinking about last night. 

“Did you call her friends?” 

“Yeah, but none of them has seen or heard from her. Just call me if you find her or get a call from her because her phone is going straight to voicemail every time I call.” 

“Yes sir.” 

They both hung up the phone and Darion got out of the bed and quickly got dressed.

Once he got dressed he left the house and walked towards his car. He began thinking crazy thoughts like I killed myself or Jessica killed me or something. Just as he was about to get in his car he saw my car parked far down. He began walking towards my car. Once he got to my car he looked inside and saw me lying inside sleep. He tried to open the door but it was locked so he knocked on the window to wake me up. Once he saw me open my eyes he stopped knocking on the window. I looked at him with a disgusted look on my face. Then I got out of the car. I walked towards him and just stared. Darion couldn’t even look at me. 

“I should have known that this whole thing was a set up.” 

“What are you talking about?” He asked. 

“I got a text last night from your phone telling me to come to the beach house for a surprise and once I got here, I was surprised alright.”

“Jessica must have grabbed my phone and finished the text I was going to send to you. Jazlynn I’m sorry. It didn’t mean anything to me.” 

“Please stop! Saying that won’t make the situation better. I’m experiencing so many emotions right now that I honestly don’t know how to respond to all of this. I knew that Jessica would eventually make a move on you, but I never thought that you would give in.” 

I began to cry. 

“I thought that the love we had for one another was too strong to be broken by a slut, but you betrayed me.” 

Darion got closer. 

“Jazlynn please, I never meant to hurt you. I love you.” 

I looked away and began to wipe away my tears. 

“I love you too but I don’t trust you, and if we don’t have trust then we don’t have anything. I never thought this day would come but here it is.” 

I began to cry again and Darion just walked over and hugged me. The tears continued to roll down my cheeks as Darion kissed me. 

I pushed him away. 

“Darion it’s over!”

Those words quickly shot Darion in the heart, breaking it instantly. I couldn’t bear to see the hurtful look on Darion’s face so once I said that, I got back in my car and drove off leaving Darion just standing there heartbroken. Once I walked into the house both of my parents were sitting in the living room waiting for me. My mom quickly ran and gave me a hug feeling relieved that I was ok. My father walked over to me. I had a depressed look on my face trying to hide my tears as I began to speak. 

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you where I went last night and I’m sure you were trying to call but my phone died.” I said.

My mom noticed the look on my face.