Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right

En başından başla

"Yeah Normani  sure does know how to make herself at home. Well don't be late getting back to work." She says and I feel Normani come behind me and snake her hands around my waist and she kisses my shoulder

"Hey Ally." She says into the phone

"Tell Moni I said hey. But I have to go okay. I'll be home later, love you" She says and hangs up before I can even respond. I sigh and Normani puts her chin on my shoulder.

"You don't know when she's coming home do you?" she asks and I shake my head. She turns me around and pushes my back against the counter and pecks my lips.

"It'll get better, as soon as she finishes her movie, it'll go back to normal and then you two can be that disgustingly happy couple again." She says rolling her eyes and smirking and I nod my head.

This situation is so fucked up. I mean I'm cheating on my girlfriend and Normani is acting like it doesn't even matter. But I feel like I'm dying inside from the guilt. Ally and I have been together for 6 years. And yes we've had our problems like any other couple but we kept trying. But lately she's just been so distant and I barley get to see her because of this fucking movie she's working on. It's an off Broadway show but she's always gone and when she's here she's too tired to do anything but sleep. I don't know, I guess I just felt neglected and lonely and Normani was there…and…Ugh I can't justify this. I'm just a horrible person for doing this to Ally. As soon as I feel a little lonely I go and cheat. But not only do I just go and cheat, no I go and cheat with Normani.

The girl incapable of settling down. After she and Dinah broke up our freshman year in college she hasn't had a steady relationship. And she's fine with that. She just has her random hook ups, her booty calls, and me. She just isn't the relationship type, but sometimes I wish she was. I mean I love Ally, I do but our relationship seems like more of a friendship and she cheated on me.

Ally changed since we lived in Texas. Dinah, Mani and I moved out here together. Mani went to Columbia. I went to NYU and Dinah went to Julliard. And that's how we saw Ally again but we didn't see her until our sophomore year. Dinah ran into her around campus and invited her to hang out with us. When I saw her I was stunned because that little argyle, school girl skirt wearing girl I knew was gone. She was a sexy sophisticated, well dressed woman. She didn't speak in paragraphs…often anymore. She was always confident and that never changed, but there was something that just attracted me to her.

I asked her out and that's how it's started. But while we were together in our first year she cheated on me three times. We worked through it but its been hard for me to trust her after that.

Sometimes I tell myself I'm doing this because she cheated on me but… I know that's not true. I know it's not true because I would cheat with anyone but Normani. I'm in love with her and I have been for a while. I just never had a chance because she was so in love with Dinah so I tried to move on and as soon as I got with Ally she and Dinah broke up. And I was so in love with Mani I hadn't thought about Normani so it was ok. But when I found out Ally cheated on me the first time I never looked at her the same and I found myself wanting Normani again, but I couldn't leave Ally. It's like my heart was torn in two.

I was finally pulled out of my thoughts by a vibrating on my leg. What the hell? I look at Normani and she takes her hand and puts it in her pocket and pulls out her cell phone.

"Normani Kordei." She answers. I don't know why she does that when she answers her cell phone. Normani runs her own business selling her own make up and she does incredibly well for a twenty-five year old. But she has a business cell phone and her normal one but she always sounds professional when she answers them both.

"Oh hey DJ…yeah it's me Normani…oh nothing I'm just at Lo's…okay, yeah I'll meet you there in 20 minutes…ok bye" then she hangs up.

She and Dinah are still friends. Dinah has a girlfriend name Zendaya, they've been together for 3 years. She's a nice girl and she treats her right so I like her. She and Mani broke up when they realized they were just better as friends

"That was DJ, she wants me to come down to her studio to help her figure out the how she wants to the construction workers to expand it so I gotta go." She says and gives me another kiss.

"Call me later ok?" she says leaving and I nod my head.

I go take a quick shower and go back to work. I work for the owner of a huge fashion magazine. I know it sounds crazy but the owner is none other than Lucy Vivies. Yes I said Lucy Vivies. It's crazy. She came to New York, went to school for design and she was designing clothes that women were wearing on runways in Paris. Now she has nationwide boutiques and she runs her own magazine.

She's an awesome boss and it isn't like The Devil Wears Prada kinda thing. Everyone is doing well for themselves. I'm only working for Lucy part time and I work at a law firm part time. They have me doing paper work and I never get any real cases so I want to start my own firm.

When I get back to the building I go to her office.

"Hey Lauren, I just got off of the phone with Ally. So how was your 'lunch break' with Normani?" She asked and she actually did use air quotes. She knows about Normani and I because one time I accidentally called her and she…well she heard us having sex. Even though she is still good friends with Ally she knows about how Ally cheated on me and she just decided to stay out of it.

"It was fine." I say and I can't help but blush because ever since that day she likes to have fun teasing me about it.

She was about to speak when the door opened.

"Hey Honey- Oh hi Lauren" Keana says as she comes into the office. She goes to kiss Lucy and whispers something in her ear that makes Lucy blush.

"Umm Lauren would you excuse us…we umm… I have some important things to tend to with Keana." She says and I smirk and shake my head but leave to go to my desk and laugh to myself when I look back to see Keana rush to close the door and blinds.

The day went pretty fast and then it was time for me too leave. I was in the middle of hailing a cab when I felt someone grab my hips and kiss my neck. I was about to turn around and punch whoever this perv is in the face when I heard that familiar voice.

"Where you headed?" she says. I turn around and punch her in the shoulder

"What the hell Normani! I thought you were some crazy perv! I was about to kick your ass." She laughs and slings her arm over my shoulder

"Sorry I was just coming to see if you wanted to get some food, come back to my house and maybe watch a movie."

"Yeah that sounds good." I say and we got in a cab, picked up some Chinese food and went back to her apartment. I put my purse on the island in her kitchen and went to her room. I looked in her drawer and pulled out some sweats and changed out of my work clothes into them. When I went into the living room she was sitting on the couch in her boxers and a black wife beater. I grab my food from the kitchen and sit on the other end of the couch and throw my legs on her lap. She looks at me while chewing and rolls her eyes. I smirk and grab her DVD remote and play the movie. We sat and ate and when we finished Normani started to rub my feet.

After we got halfway through the movie I got up to use the bathroom and when I came back she was lying on the down completely taking up the whole couch. I just walked over to the couch and lied in the gap between her legs and rest my head on her stomach as we watched the rest of the movie.