Chapter 18: Smile

"Did Akeno…" Ameno narrowed his eyes. "Yep. He did told me." Chiisana answered. "Look. Just… Forget about it…" He sighed. "You don't have to feel guilty about it,Ameno-kun. It's fate. No one wanted that to happen." She started.

"You don't understand.." He mumbled. "Yeah,maybe I don't. But by the way I see it,it isn't your fault. Come back to your happy self ! Knock the cold,hard wall out of your heart !" Ameno froze as he heard her sentence. "I know your attitude back then. I know you're not like this before. You're not someone cold. You're a happy person. And I'd like to see that…" She sighed. "I think it's nice if you'd go back to your normal self…" She added.

Ameno's eyes started watering up. He hated crying. And he hates being wrong. "I'm sure,if your family's alive… They will be sad to see you change." She sat up,sighing. He was at loss of words. He didn't know what to say. He got startled when he felt his own cheeks get wet by his own tears. One thing he never did for the last 4 years. "Sit." Chiisana smiled,patting the space beside her. He held back tears,wiping the ones that escaped as he sat down.

"I'm sure it'll be fun if you show your old self." She smiled. Ameno leaned back,shaking his head repeatedly as he wiped his eyes off. "People will think I'm weak and vulnerable if I do that… They'll think I won't be able to protect anything…" He muttered.

"Choose. Look strong but feel alone,or look weak but feel happy ?" She asked,staring into his deep blue eyes. They looked… Cheery and happy,but at some part,it's dull. "I'd… Rather…" He mumbled,looking down. Chiisana smiled,hugging her scythe. She patted his back,petting his hair. "I knew you'll need someone to ask that to you." Ameno froze,looking at space as his eyes watered up once again. He hugged back,finally giving in and sobbing in his meister's hold.

"Let me guess,you never cried for the past 4 years,until now." Chiisana laughed,pulling herself away. Ameno sighed,sniffing as he used his arm to wipe his tears. "Y-you… You made me look like a kid…" He mumbled,putting his arm down and looking annoyed at her.

She just smiled. "But I know it lessened some of your guilt from your family's death." She patted his head. He finally smiled,laughing. "Yeah… Thanks. You really are a smart girl." He said. "There ! You're smiling !" She giggled. "Keep smiling,okay ? You look cooler if you smile !" She said. Ameno nodded then stood up.

"I'll thank you by helping you know about your past. Thanks a lot,Chiisana." He brightly smiled,before leaving the room. Chiisana giggled,laying back down again.

"He looks cute with smiles…" She laughed,closing her eyes and drifting to sleep.

[Meanwhile…]

"Hey,what took you so long ?" Akeno asked,starting to eat the ice cream that Kid and Chiisana was eating earlier. "Nothing. Just a small talk." Ameno smiled. Akeno blinked,before dropping the spoon as he looked at him.

"IS THAT SMILE REAL ?!" Akeno looked surprised. Ameno laughed. "Yeah. She did one hell of a thing." Ameno explained,sitting beside him. "W-wait b-but !" Akeno slapped himself. "Am I dreaming ?!" He blinked.

Ameno looked annoyed,then cracked his knuckles. Then he hit his head hardly. "OW !!!!" Akeno fake cried,holding his head. "See ? You're not dreaming,you idiot !" He yelled. Akeno sighed. "Your language still didn't change…" He mumbled. Ameno just laughed,taking a spoon then starting to eat ice cream.

"You know what ? I think we're lucky to have that girl to be our meister." Ameno shrugged. "Psh. I chose her. So you're lucky I did !" Akeno proclaimed. "Shut up. We both agreed." Ameno said.