Thirteen

Song of the Chapter: Caught in the Middle, by Paramore.

"Hmm, let me think about that. Of course ya big doofus," I jump up on Emerson wrapping my legs around his waist and I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Thank goodness. I thought you were gonna say no," he says and I pull away from him.

"Why would I say no?"

"Because I don't know,"

"Well I will always say yes to you Emerson," I say pocking him in the nose and we both start smiling even more than before.

"Emerson?" I whisper as he starts to lean towards me.

"Yeah?" He whispers back still slowly moving his face towards me.

"Will you just kiss me already," I say with a laugh and Emerson does as I say.

He leans over and pushes his lips onto mine.

I kiss him back obviously and I feel my self smile against his mouth.

He pulls back and gives me a questioning look, "what?"

"Oh nothing,"

"You sure?"

"Yeah I'm sure. Just kiss me again," I say and we both laugh.

"OK, whatever you say my queen," Emerson says than kisses me again bit with more passion.

When we pull away from each other I smile.

"I guess you can be the king,"

"Does that mean we are married?"

"Nope, not yet,"

We walk around the park a bit more, hand in hand and smiling more than I have ever smiled before.

~~~~

"So two weeks," I say as we get to Emerson's house and stand outside the door.

"Yeah. That means two weeks of us being boyfriend and girlfriend,"

"Let's make this work," I say as he kisses me quickly one more time then I head inside leaving Emerson standing on the other side of the door.

"Hi," I turn around to see Sage staring at me and taking a sip of a drink that she holds in her hands.

"When are you gonna leave again?" I ask hoping that she didn't see me kissing Emerson.

"I'm not sure," she says setting her cup down.

"When are you gonna tell me where you were living?" I ask and she fidgets with a piece of hair.

"Never,"

"Why?"

"Because,"

"Because why?"

"Because, I was living with aunt Raylene!" Sage shouts out then quickly covers her mouth.

"What? You were living with aunt Raylene? Did mom know?" I ask and she looks down.

"Yeah, mom knew," she says and I shake my head.

"Why didn't she tell me?!" I yell and Sage shakes her head.

"She didn't want you coming after me," she says and I start to pace.

"Why wouldn't she want me seeing you?"

"I can't say," she says and I glare at her.

"Why can't you?"

"Mom would be mad," she says and I let out a breath.

"Who cares?"

"I do,"

"Yeah? And I don't," I say and Sage smiles.

"You are so stubborn,"

"It's a gift,"

"Fine," she says and I give her a questioning look.

"Fine, what?"

"Fine, I'll tell you. But let's go to my room,"

We go upstairs to her plain bedroom and we both sit cross-legged on her bed.

"So tell me, why didn't mom tell me where you were?" I ask and Sage takes a deep breath.

"She was ashamed of me, but I need your side first. What did mom tell you about me?" She asks and I shake my head.

"She told me that you were so upset about dad dieing that you just ran away. I thought it was because you were mad about another person leaving," I say and Sage looks angry.

"That's why you are so angry. You thought I left you," she says frowning and I nod my head.

"So... you didn't just leave I guess?" I say and Sage shakes her head.

"No I didn't leave. I was kicked out," she says and I gasp.

"What do you mean, you were kicked out?" I ask and Sage looks like she doesn't want to answer.

"I-i was um..,"

"Spit it out Sage. Why did mom kick you out?" I ask and I see tears start to well up in her eyes.

"Because I was pregnant," Sage finally says and I stare at her in shock.

"P-p-pregnant?" I ask and Sage slowly nods her head.

"Yeah that's why mom kicked me out. The baby... the baby is up for adoption. And I don't know if she has been adopted. I wanted to keep her but, but mom wouldn't allow it," she says and I'm on the verge of tears.

"When you got back, why did you say you were sorry? I mean, I just thought you were sorry about leaving, but now I know you were kicked out, so why were you sorry?" I ask.

"I was sorry because I never contacted you. I lived only a couple hours away and I never contacted you," she says and I lean over and hug her.

"It wasn't your fault Sage. Mom can be... she can be a little bossy sometimes. And I'm so sorry about all the things I said to you. I was so angry for no reason," I say and Sage wipes the tears off her face.

"You had a reason Kieran. You thought I left. So I'm not mad at you,"

"I'm not mad at you either."

"Kieran?"

"Yeah?"

"I won't leave you like he did. First him now dad, and you thought I left you."

A/N Wow. Even I thought that Sage just left. I guess I was wrong. But hey, Emerson and Kieran are officially together. Go kierson!?!? Emeran? Idek what I'm talking about anymore. Also, who else left Kieran? A boyfriend? A friend? A movie character? A book character? Today is the start of my second week of school. Yay! (Hint the sarcasm)