Six

Song of the chapter: Fashionably Late by Falling in Reverse.

"Oh My Gosh Sage, I haven't seen you in forever!" I practically shout as I run up to my older sister and engulf her in a hug.

I pull away from Sage and see her smiling then her smile turns into a frown and she looks angry, "Kieran how come I come home and ask Cole where you are and find out that you are passed out at some guys house after some party you went to."

"Oh I uh....... sorry?"

"Yeah you will be sorry after I tell mom,"

"No don't tell mom, she will kill me. Especially since she thought I was going to Cole's for the night,"

"So you lied to mom and you drank even though you are underage and you did who knows what else?" Sage says her voice filled with frustration and a bit of concern.

"I know I know I'm sorry just do not tell mom," I beg her knowing that my mom would kill me if she ever knew.

"Fine but if this ever happens again I will make sure you get the punishment you deserve. Now come on we are going home. Mom thought I was picking you up from Colton's house,"

"OK, well bye Declan. Thanks for letting stay here," I say with a small wave to Declan who is picking some cans up pretending to not listen to our conversation as Sage and I walk out of the house to her car.

The whole drive home Sage never said a word to me except for when we pulled up into our driveway.

"OK Kieran I will not tell mom about you partying if you never do it again," she says with a serious look on her face which just makes me mad.

"Oh My Gosh Sage you can't just all of a sudden come into my life after five years expecting me to do everything you say and to love you,"

Sage looks hurt but I don't care. She left me. After dad died she just left. I was heartbroken. I tried to contact her for weeks and she never replied. She never even tried.

"So will you please just leave again. I don't need you in my life again! You only ever brought me pain!" I yell at her as I leave her car slamming the door behind me.

I run into the house and right past my mother's questioning words as to why I'm upset. I run upstairs to my room and slam the door shut behind me. I know I'm acting childish. But I just can't take this at the moment.

I hear a knock at the door and I cover my head with my blankets.

"Kieran?" I hear a voice say that I connect to my sister.

"Go away," I almost growl as I grab a pillow off my bed throwing it at the door.

I hear her open the door and I lift the blanket off my head and sit up. "Please Kieran I just want to talk,"

"No! I said go away. So please do," I say to her harshly and I can see her flinch then she laughs.

"You haven't changed a bit have you?" She says with a look in her eyes that I can't place. Maybe regret? "And Kieran I think you should know that I regret leaving. I regret it with every bone in my body. I'm sorry," she says as she walks out of my room shutting the door behind her.

"Well that apology is fashionably late!" I yell at her doubting that she cares.

I lay back down covering my head once again.

I feel myself slowly fall asleep as I make my pillow wet with tears.

~time skip to monday~

The sun is what wakes me up this morning and I decide not to wait until my alarm goes off to get up.

I stumble across the hallway to the bathroom and strip out of my clothes to have a shower. I turn on the water and let it run until the water is warm.

I step into the shower and let she water wake me up as I lather shampoo into my hair.

I finish my shower and hop out a little more awake.

I go to my room and grab an Asking Alexandria shirt and a pair of black jeans. I put them on. I head back to the bathroom to do something with my ugly face.

I quickly do my makeup consisting of eyeliner, mascara and foundation then straighten my hair in record time and spraying it with loads of hairspray.

I decided that at school today I am going to avoid Emerson at all costs. Maybe even convince some people to switch seats with me so I don't have to sit beside him.

I walk downstairs tiptoeing past Sage's room because all weekend I have been doing my best to avoid her and into the kitchen to get a glass of water before I go to the hell hole most call school.

I walk through the school doors and make a beeline towards my locker. On my way I hear people whispering stuff about me being a whore and sleeping with Declan and that I go so drunk I passed out in his tub

What? I never did any of that crap. Well OK I did kinda pass out in Declan's tub. But that is non of their business.

I open my locker door and a pile of papers fall out. I pick one up and read it.

Ugly.

Emo.

Loser.

That's all it says.

I sigh and gather up the papers not bothering to read them and throw them in the garbage.

I grab my books from my locker and walk into my first class not making eye contact with anyone.

I sit down in Colton's desk meaning that she will have to sit by Emerson. But I don't think she will mind. To much.

I somehow make it past first period without talking or making eye contact with Emerson. I am happy for a couple seconds until I remember that I sit next to him in my next class, and I don't have anyone to trade seats with.

I sigh as I exchange my books at my locker a bit pissed off at having to sit next to Emerson and walk to the classroom.

I sit down at my desk and Emerson is already at his.

I see Emerson clench his fists showing that he is angry and that just makes me more mad.

I didn't do anything! So what is making him so mad?!?!

Ugh!