chapter 10

Some time had passed, but luckily, the troll soon found out a way to help while passing the mushrooms, not realizing one had been a certain raven in disguise as Odette and Estelle became human again.

"Well, what did I tell you?" Erasmus smiled to the others as he held his book. "I knew I would find it with my advanced filing system, it was just a matter of time."

"Where was it?" Estelle asked.

"Uh... I was sitting on it," Erasmus replied while scratching his head sheepishly before holding the book out to the girls. "Here you go."

Estelle and Odette took the book with small smiles, and where both the magic crystal and jewel soon shined which unlocked the book. Odette opened the book.

Estelle sniffed and sighed with a smile. "Gotta love that new book smell."

Everyone else smiled as the girls looked into the book.

"'The ones who free the magic crystal and magic jewel will share a love so true, it'll overcome all evil magic'." Odette read aloud.

"You and the prince," Lila replied. "I knew it!"

"Yep, their love is so true." Estelle smiled.

"Guys..." Odette smiled bashfully to the little girl and unicorn.

"Uh-oh, there's a however." Carlita noticed from the book.

"However?" The Ralts twins asked.

"'If, however, the true love'--" Carlita began.

"Meaning His Royal Cuteness." Lila smirked.

"'Pledges love to another'--" Carlita continued.

"You mean not Odette?" Lila asked in shock.

"'The Magic Crystal and Magic Jewel will both lose their power'." Carlita soon concluded.

'Oh, no...' Estelle thought to herself.

"WHAT?!" Lila asked. "That's not fair!"

"No, but the legend cannot be altered." The Fairy Queen replied.

"Still not fair." The Ralts twins pouted.

"Besides, true love is very rare." Erasmus told the others.

"Rare?" Lila asked. "Are we talkin' 'meet the parents' rare, 'everyone gets along' rare?"

"The legend says it's true love," Erasmus educated. "True love is when two people love each other more than they love themselves!"

"Alone, they are two, but together, they are one," The Fairy Queen added. "That kind of selfless love has awesome power."

"It sure does, my parents and aunts and uncles should know." Estelle said.

"Well then, we've gotta get started." Lila replied.

"Doing what?" Odette asked the unicorn.

"Getting you ready for the ball." Lila grinned.

"That's right." Estelle nodded.

"The ball?" Odette asked. "At a time like this?"

"Naturally," Carlita replied before acting out with Ivan. "You will walk out, the prince will see you, he will ask you to dance, then you will be in his arms and he will declare his true love to you! And then we will all be saved."

"Yes," Ivan smiled before going to hug and kiss Carlita. "Yes, my beautiful girl!"

"But she can't go to the ball in that dress." The female Ralts said.