chapter 9

"We looked all day and all night and zippo... Nothing..." Lila said as they came back into the forest as the elves had been turned back into animals.

"We couldn't even find it using Psychic." The female Ralts said.

"How pathetic..." the male Ralts groaned in dismay.

Estelle and Odette got into the water and decided to catch up on some sleep.

"They deserve some rest." The female Ralts said.

"Let them." Carlita agreed quietly.

Teddy was already and instantly asleep and even seemed to be sucking his claw like a baby sucking its thumb.

"Awww!" The female Ralts smiled. "He's so cute."

The male Ralts smiled and nodded in agreement. A familiar bird was i nthe sky and swooped by the duckling and swan and laughed as he flew overhead of them. Odette and Estelle instantly woke up, disturbed and alarmed. Lila bucked up in alarm and the woodland animals scattered out of fear. All, but the two Ralts as they began to try to scare him away with their Psy Beams. Rothbart did his best to dodge the Pokemons' attacks, trying not to let them slow him down.

"What is he doing here?" The male Ralts asked.

"I'm outta here!" Odette cried out as she started to flap her wings to fly away from Rothbart.

Estelle started flapping her wings as well and began to fly away with her. Rothbart laughed menacingly as he stalked after the girls.

"This guy is so annoying." Estelle groaned.

Rothbart ended up in front of the girls.

"Back, back!" Estelle cried, then flew the other way with Odette as Rothbart was now chasing them the other way in the air now before complaining. "What is with this guy?! It's like he's distracting us long enough for something or someone to come."

"Oh, how intelligent you seem." Rothbart mocked Estelle.

'He's up to something.' Estelle thought to herself.

There was a young man in the forest, he didn't seem to like the crow chasing after Odette and Estelle and tried to shoot it down with his bow and arrow.

'A hunter?' Estelle thought to herself.

The man however spotted the graceful swan and smiled. "What a prize!"

"Well, go on, go on," Rothbart urged as he flew in the sky. "Take the shot, take the shot!"

The man was about to shoot his arrow at Odette, but he found himself unable to for some reason.

"No, please don't shoot." Estelle begged as she flew in the sky.

The man lowered his bow and arrow and felt entranced by the swan who was actually a very beautiful girl. Eventually, Odette and Estelle landed on solid ground and they were transformed back into their human forms.

"That was weird." Estelle said.

"I think we're safe for now." Odette said as she was unable to spot Rothbart anywhere.

The man spotted the girls and looked curious and confused, then walked over to go meet them, having seen their transformation.

'What was that all about anyway?' Estelle thought to herself.

The man came up to the girls. Odette gasped in surprise.

"Who are you?" the man asked.

"My name is Estelle and this is my friend, Odette." Estelle introduced.