chapter 7

Teddy began to keep up with his unicorn friend and where hoped that they could stop long enough for his new friend to meet his mother and her friend. Odette and Estelle kept following the best that they could as the unicorn and Teddiursa kept going further and further into the enchanted seeming forest. That was until the rope around the unicorn's neck got caught again.

Estelle panted as she ran with Odette. "How does Akito run for fun?!"

"He must be used to it." Odette said while running until they saw the unicorn was stuck.

"Guh..." Estelle panted from her running, then stopped to catch her breath. "Phew! Time-Out..."

"You okay, Mama?" Teddy asked, concerned.

"Fine... Just not used to running this much..." Estelle smiled calmly.

Odette saw the trapped unicorn and slowly walked over to help her. "Hold still..."

"Easy for you to say," the unicorn scoffed. "You're not the one being strangled!"

Odette looked shocked. "You can talk?"

"Wait, can you speak to animals just like Mama?" Teddy asked.

Odette glanced at Teddy.

"Of course..." the unicorn grumbled to Odette. "Now, are you gonna stand there with your mouth open or cut me loose?"

"Um... Okay..." Odette was still shocked of the talking to properly respond.

"Ugh... I'll do it myself..." the unicorn scoffed before trying and then yelped out in pain, unable to free herself.

"Just stay still while Odette and I go and find something to cut the rope with." Estelle told the unicorn.

"You do that..." the unicorn muttered.

Estelle and Odette went to find something to cut the rope with. There was something that seemed to be twinkling in the distance which grabbed their attention and they hoped it could help them free the unicorn. There was a floating woman in the background in a flowing white gown and had woodland critters by her sides.

"Look, two humans," A porcupine pointed out with a smile. "Two humans."

Odette was then just about to reach out for the glowing item.

"No, no!" a skunk cried out. "Somebody stop them!" She then ducked down and covered her face with her tail. "Oh, tell me when it's over!"

"No," the glowing woman replied. "Watch..."

Odette continued to reach out to the glowing item and pulled it out of the rock wall with a little help from Estelle and her magic shoes. The animals looked in awe as the girls collected the quartz crystal with ease.

"This looks like it could've belonged to Rose Quartz herself..." Estelle whispered at the beauty of the sharp gem.

"Let's use this to cut that unicorn free." Odette said.

"Looks sharp enough." Estelle agreed.

The unicorn waited, then gasped at the crystal the girls had found. "Where did you get that?"

"From that big tree over there." Estelle replied, gesturing back to where she and Odette just were.

"And you both just pulled it out?" The unicorn asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry..." Odette got worried. "We can put it right back."

"Ooh, pretty." Teddy smiled at how beautiful the gem looked.

"Let's use it to cut the rope before we put it back." Estelle suggested.

"I agree," Odette nodded before she used the sharp end and cut against the rope, finally freeing the unicorn. "There!"