Chapter 8- Drunken Games

Start from the beginning

"It only hurts for a second and then it's over, I'll hold your hand if you want?" Carl asked smiling at me sympathetically. 

"It's okay Buddy, I'll be fine, imma big girl." I said smirking at him.

"You, you're next." Jenner said calling me over.

I shakily stood up and gave Carl a weak smile before walking over to the small station Jenner had set up. I ran my clammy hands over my face and I clearly looked nervous.

"Phobia of needles I take it?" Jenner asked.

"And blood..." I said quietly.

The whole group must have heard me because I suddenly felt a hand grip my shoulder, I look up to see Lori smiling at me and she started rubbing my back. 

"Wait!" Daryl called out literally as Jenner was about to jab the needle in my arm. We all looked over at him in shock and he walked towards me, when he reached me he knelt down beside me and took my hand in his. As his sparkling blue eyes met my green eyes he gave me a small reassuring smile when he saw the pure look of fear in my eyes. Just as I broke his gaze Jenner poked the needle in my arm and I squeezed Daryl's hand so tight his hand turned white.

"Becs, my hand kinda hurts" He said, I then realised I was still squeezing it. 

Wait, Becs? When did this nickname occur I thought to myself. I shook off this thought and moved out the chair so Andrea could be poked with needles instead. Before I returned to my corner I gave Lori a huge hug.

"Thank you." I whispered in her ear before letting her go and walking back over to Carl and Glenn who had now sat in my spot. It was only when I sat down I realised that Daryl had come with me. As he sat next to me he pulled me close into him and hugged me while stroking my hair. 

When Andrea stood up from having her blood test she looked as white as a sheep. If it wasn't for Jacqui supporting her I swear she would've passed out.

"You okay?" Jenner asked. 

"She hasn't eaten in days... None of us have." Jacqui informed Jenner.

"Well then, follow me." Jenner said standing up and we all did the same. He took us down yet another corridor and lead us into a room with a long table filled with food and wine. We all sat down and got stuck in. I sat between Glenn and Daryl who literally wouldn't let me leave his side. We all engaged in separate conversations and were laughing and joking around for the first time since the attack. 

"You know, in Italy, children have a little bit of wine with dinner.. and in France." Dale said to Lori.

"Well when Carl is in Italy or France he can have some then" Lori said covering up the top of Carl's glass with her hand.

"What's it gunna hurt, c'mon." Rick said trying to sway Lori. 

We all laughed and Lori gave in as she was trying not to laugh. Dale poured a bit of wine into Carl's glass and we all sat in anticipation while he tried it to see what he would make of it. 

"Ewwwww" We all burst out laughing at Carl's reaction.

"That's my boy, that's my boy." Lori said taking the glass away from him as she was trying not to laugh and she poured the remains of Carl's glass into her own. 

"You stick to soda pop there bud." Shane said to Carl.

"Not you Glenn." Daryl said

"What?" He questioned.

"Keep drinkin' lil' man, I wanna see how red your face can get." Daryl said jokingly.

We all hushed down as the heard the clinking of metal against glass and our attentions were turned to Rick.