Chapter 11// Sit Still Look Pretty

Apparently, Evan took the drug test thing seriously and now he won't talk to me. Like, that is so childish.

"I was just joking!" I exclaimed for the thousandth time in the last hour.

Yup, that's right, he's been in a mood with me for an hour because I was joking.

God, some people take being dramatic to a whole new level.

"You know what, fine ignore me. I'm going to leave now, and when you decide to stop being immature and acting like a child, maybe I'll come back. Good riddance" and with that I walked away like a sass master.

~*~*~*~*~

"I'm home" I shouted as soon as I unlocked the front door and walked inside. Like always, there was no response. I sighed and took my coat off and hanged it.

Looking around, my dad was nowhere in site, and there were no wine bottles either. I started panicking, not once have I come home to find my dad not drinking. Something bad has happened to him.

"Oh my god" I whispered to myself and my eyes started watering. All though, he always ignores me and never pays attention to me, I still love him. He is my dad after all. And I'm sure that somewhere, deep down, he still has a good heart. He just needs some time.

I ran everywhere, making sure not miss any spot and once I had finished looking downstairs, I started upstairs.

Then I heard this noise coming from his room. I quickly ran in there and sighed in relief when I saw him standing there looking in the mirror.

I slid onto the floor and began crying.

"Sky?" His confused voice startled me. His normal voice, he wasn't slurring, which meant he wasn't drunk.

My cries turned into big sobs.

"I-I thought you were g-gone"

"Oh Sky" He said and I cried even harder. My dad was actually talking to me. For the first time in forever.

He sat down on the floor, next to me, and brought my head on his shoulder. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry darling" He apologised over and over and for quite a while, we just sat there.

Together, enjoying each other's company.

This is the dad that I know. This is the dad I've been waiting for.

~*~*~*~*~

"So you never told me why you're dressed like that" I looked at him.

"I've found a job" and when he said those words, my mug fell on the floor, smashing as it finally hit the ground.

"Wow, that definitely wasn't the answer I was expecting" I got down on the floor and started picking up the glass.

"Yeah, I met this guy on in the pub and he told me he was in need of a man"

"Well, I'm happy for you. But dad, please, for my sake and yours, don't mess this up"

"I'll try not to Sky, I'll try"

He kissed my forehead and left.

Maybe, just maybe, I'm getting my old life back.

"Owww" I hissed at myself. I was so deep in my thoughts that I had forgot all about the glass I was picking up.

Washing the blood on my hands, I put a plaster on it and chucked the broken peices in the bin.

Since we had school tomorrow, I decided I'd sleep early so I can wake up early too.

~*~*~*~

I had never actually realised how sad people are at school. I mean, they're so fake it hurts.

And there are all these girls looking like clowns-that's the makeup of course- and they have these stupid Kens running after them as if they are the most precious things on Earth.

Which, hellooo, they obviously aren't.

I mean, you'd never be able to find anyone or anything as nearly as precious as me. I am like, the most amazing and awesome person on Earth.

I could dress up, to get love, but guess what? I'm never gonna be that girl.

Who's living in a barbie world.

Could wake up and do my make up, then play dumb, pretending that I need a boy who's going to treat me like a toy.

And some of the other girls want to wear expensive things, but I don't wanna be the puppet that they play on the string.

This queen don't need no king.

  The rest of the school day was pretty much boring, except those girls who wore stupid fake grins and tried to be "friends" with me.

Keyword tried.

Being the amazing, awesome, sass master that I am, I had a right go at them and walked away like I ruled the world.

Which I did.

I don't know why, I honestly don't, but for some reason my thoughts wandered off to the gangleader.

I know he has this dangerous, don't-mess-with-me face, but I still wander if he's like me. If he puts up these walls, that are so high, and not let anybody in. I mean, I don't blame him, putting up with people, it's hard, it really is.

But he can still try and be nice to people,no matter how annoying they might be, he doesn't have to be so mean and judgmental all the time!

Ok, what the hell? Why am I even thinking about him? He's just an arrogant, rude, idiotic idiot who doesn't care about anyone but himself.

Oh, I just remembered something my mother used to say all the time when I was younger;

People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.

No truer words have ever been said.

*-* that was actually so unexpected. I didn't think I'd update till like December.....

Well I'm sorry it's been so long, but I'm doing some of my GCSES next year and I need to start taking seriously and yeah....this has kinda been the last thing on my mind...

Anyway, I apologize again that I had to keep you waiting for so long and sorry for the crappy chapter but I hope you enjoy!

Don't forget to vote check out my other books:)

Good Riddance