Chapter 6// Hideaway

I wasn't going to update till like July, but now we've reached over 1.3K reads so I'm really happy and grateful to you guys :)

Thank you all so much.

This chapter is dedicated to @amaze_onetrustno for making the amazing cover, thanks fam ;)

Sky's P.O.V

"Don't you need a license to be that ugly?!" A girl whispered, not so quietly, as I walked down the school corridor.

"That outfit would be perfect for Goodwill. If she knows what's good for her, she will burn it down" Another one said.

"OMG! I bought that exact same sweater that she's wearing" I looked up and saw that this time, it was Alison. I rolled my eyes at her and carried on walking.

The popular girl from my math's class. The one that's so stupid, she can't even do things a five year old can easily do.

She's actually quite nice, she just doesn't like me. Yeah I know, that's so shocking, right? I mean, have you seen me? How can someone not like me? I am the most amazing person on Earth.

But it seems like Alison wasn't quite done yet. She looked at my sweater one more time then turned to her friend and said 'for my dog'.

People started laughing. They'd point at me laugh for about thirty seconds then stop. Two seconds later, they'd look at me and start laughing again.

I don't even get what was so funny. Wow, Alison told the whole school that her dog has the same sweater I'm wearing, isn't that like so funny(!)?

I rolled my eyes again at them then walked away. Their laughs could be heard a mile away, but I didn't care. I was used to be being humiliated by Alison, it's like a daily thing she does. I've never tried to stop her because I honestly don't care what she says or thinks. I don't care what all the other students think. I don't care what anyone thinks. I love myself and no one can ever change that.

"Ok class, since I'm really tired today, we'll just be watching a few videos about rocks until the bell goes" Some people cheered and others groaned.

I just stayed silent. I really don't care about Chemistry.

This sounds really weird, but while I was watching the video that was playing on the big projecter at the front of the class, I saw a weird looking rock that really reminded me of Alison.

Yeah I know, I'm a bit strange. Get used to it.

You see, Alison and I, go quite a while back. I've known her for nearly all my life. When I was born, my parents and I lived in this town for a few years. When my mom passed away, my dad decided that it would be good for everyone if we moved. So that's what we did. I came home once only to find everything in the house packed. My dad told me to pack my bag and I did. I thought that we were going on a trip or something and when be back sooner.

But that's not what happened.

We moved to a town that I knew nothing about and lived there for a few years. I went to the first years of elementary school there. I have missed some school years because my family couldn't afford the prices of the schools back then. Luckily,  now most schools are free and the only thing you gave to pay for is school dinners, which is something I don't to need to worry about.

My dad told me we were moving back when I was about five or six years old. I wish we'd stayed there. In that town, some people were actually nice to me, unlike everyone here who seems to hate me.

When I first joined this school, my number one goal was to be liked by everyone. To be popular.

I was so stupid back then. There were other things I should've been thinking about, like trying to mend my relationship with my father.