———————————

Sharp shouts had Maliha yanking awake, disoriented by the abrupt shouting. Her lashes flickered languidly as figures flitted in and out of her view.

"- Here," called a male voice, his blurry figure running towards her even as his words thrummed around her skull.

She could not clearly hear what he was saying from the water lodged in her ears.

Maliha's body jerked up into a raised position as Fiery hair melted into her vision. The red head bobbed in and out of her sight and the closer the figure came to her the more her body tingled.

Her fingers sizzled as energy coursed through her body, traveling through her being and forcing her to her feet.

The approaching feet halted, staring at her in confusion. Confusion that soon turned into horror as her head titled back. The vines that had once coiled around her body lashed out, rising from the grass and wrapping around the neck of the approaching female.

Noise crashed over her head but it was drowned out by the roaring river in her ears, pure white light burning through her body. Tears glided down her damp cheeks as her being was split open and the pure energy fizzled out of her body.

"Maliha," shouted a voice that was so familiar to her but she couldn't stop herself.

Her mind was roaring with chaos, with the need for retribution. To protect herself m, to protect her tribe from this malignant evil that was deep rooted in this females being. The vines wrapped around the females, tightening until her pretty sand skin turned a fiery red.

"Maliha" that voice called again but her mind resisted.

The river crashed loudly in her ears, cracking against the land as it tried to break through. The water slapping until it was churning in viscous waves.

Her eyes flickered shut and then her hands waved, energy soaring through her body as her arms extended outwards.

"Rise" the disjointed voice screeched.

There was a clap of thunder and then the tumultuous water obeyed, rising from the river bed and spewing into the sky.

Drops licked on her skin, drizzling along her forehead and cascading down her skin.

"Maliha." The voice whispered, chanting over and over.

The soft voice echoed her name, it's haunted melody a lullaby that resonated deeply within her subconscious. The chant grew louder, ripping an earth shattering scream from Maliha and tearing her from her trance.

The wind roared around her as the water  crashed back into the river bed, toppling over the earth with an almighty clap.

The vines receded from their choke on the woman, slithering back into the depths of the cold water they had slithered from.

She wobbled in her spot, her gaze wavering until she collapsed. Reality taking its hold over her mind.

"I have you," purred a reassuring voice in her ear.

The river water cascaded around them in slow drops, slicking their skin. Her face dripping with both tears and the rivers foam, watery eyes peering up at him.