Chapter 1

As I awoke early this morning, I heard
someone knock at my door. Scrambling to get out of bed and put on my tough look that makes people tremble, I hear an annoyed voice. "I don't have all day."

"Enter," I say, curious to know who has the guts to speak to me like that.

"It's about time. I need to speak with you about our alliance. Your people don't seem on board with it and war is coming...soon. The others are still in the mountain and we need an escape route, preferably before they all die. I'd appreciate if you would speak with your people and tell them to pull their heads out of their asses and focus on what's important here." Of course, Clarke kom Skaikru. She has guts, I admit. Very few talk to the commander like that and live to tell the tale.

"Can you blame them for their lack of trust? You attacked and slaughtered 300 of our warriors that were there to protect you. As soon as you came from the sky, you waged war on our people. You need to prove that you can be of use to us and that your intentions are true, that is not my job. I can speak to them about how they are to treat you, as we are allies, but the trust is earned. I cannot promise that you will be respected."

So many thoughts are going through my head right now. Who let her in here? Why does she speak to me as if she holds higher authority, or even like we are equals? She is clearly arrogant, but her confidence shows that she has potential to be a good ally, and I definitely don't want her as an enemy.

"Lexa, the attack on your people was wrong. The previous Chancellor is no longer our leader, and under Chancellor Abby Griffin's protection, I can assure that there will be no further harm on your people. Our intentions in the beginning never involved war. The mountainmen are the enemies, not each other. Please remember that."

"Commander Lexa," correcting her with a serious and emotionless tone. "My guards will show you out. I will speak with my people today."

Clarke nods before turning and walking towards the door.

My head is pounding. Who does she think she is? I'm the Commander of the twelve clans. I possess the spirit of all of the commanders before me. Why does she think she can march in here with her arrogant attitude and tell me what to do? She is clearly the true leader of Skaikru, whether her people accept that or not. Her confident attitude proves that, although her people do seem to follow her. Their technology and healers will be useful in battle, but before we prepare for war, their warriors will need training. Lots of it.