chapter 10

Trigger warning: There's some stuff that goes down in this chapter that I think I should warn you about. It's not that graphic, or anything, but still. 

"You've got some a good amount of explaining to do yourself!" North barked, shooting to his feet. Silas was immediately standing beside him, gripping at his arm and speaking to him in Greek. I sat up straighter, and it seemed as if Luke and Gabriel had tensed from North's outburst, as well. 

"North," Mr. Blackbourne warned, shooting the boys warning glares. "Let Sang explain herself. Once she's done, then she's right, we have a hell of a lot of explaining to do as well."

I squirmed in my seat, but started at the beginning, telling them about the drag races, which they mostly already knew about, but then moved onto Karen asking me to come to the boxing match with her. I avoided looking at Silas as I continued on to what had happened while I was there, still confused and upset about the fact that he was a supposed boxer. I didn't like the idea of him getting hurt and inflicting pain. When I was finished, a good amount of the boys were swearing quietly, and I was shrinking into my seat, the guilt forming a tight knot in my stomach again. I rubbed at my belly, willing it to go away.

"You just wanted to have some fun?" Kota inquired, his voice soft, though his green eyes betrayed the fact that he was upset with me. I hated that I had upset him of all people; the one who had cared enough to rescue me from Greg at the drag races and had made an effort to bring me into his group of friends.

"Yes," I replied, quietly, ducking my head down. A hand gripped my own and I flashed a weak smile at Luke. "I'm sorry. I never meant to cause anyone any trouble... I know I should have told you, but I was so afraid that you would stop me. I know that it was the wrong decision, now."

"Peanut," Nathan sighed, sounding more tired than anything else. "I know that you think that we're mad at you, but we're not. Well." He paused and eyed up North. "Not all of us, anyways. We're mostly just disappointed and worried. We wouldn't have been able to handle it well if you got hurt."

"I'm sorry." I squeaked out, rubbing at my eyes to rid myself of any tears forming. I truly was sorry, and I hoped that they knew that.

"Boys," Mr. Blackbourne said, his voice serious, and his eyes shining with regret. "I know that you probably want to speak with her more but it's time that we come clean. She has to know what she's getting involved with, and she needs to decide if she wants to remain associated with us after the truth has been provided."

I chewed on my bottom lip, worry and anxiety spiking inside of me. I didn't understand why they were acting so serious about this. I had messed up, yes, but I was willing to deal with North yelling at me as long as he wanted about it, and any other consequences they saw suffice. Actions had consequences, I knew that first hand from Momster. And yes, Silas was apparently some sort of boxer, but that didn't mean that I wouldn't want to be friends with him anymore. I would constantly worry about him, but it was something that he did, and I had to accept that.

"What do you mean?" I asked quietly, curling in on myself, as if there was some possible way to shield myself from whatever they were about to reveal.

"Sang, Miss Sorenson," Mr. Blackbourne started, his voice soft and strained, as if it pained him to even talk to me about what was going on. "I know that you met Kota at the drag races, and you saw Silas fighting at the boxing match tonight, and you must be curious. We didn't want to tell you this, yet. We didn't want to scare you off... But we really don't have a choice anymore now that Rocky and Jade and most likely Volto knows about you."

I had so many questions, but I remained silent, looking between all the boys in room, but none of them would look at me. The dread inside of me grew immensely. Whatever they had to say truly couldn't be good if they were behaving this way.