Prologue

"Evie!"

Her mother yelled in a singsong voice for her child.

"Coming Mother."

A little girl with blue curls, a shiny silver tiara, and perfect complexion yelled while flying down the stairs. She was dressed in a blue jumper with red poison apples all over it and little red shoes to match. As she raced down the staircases from her room in the tallest tower, the little girl tried to fix her hair and make sure everything about her appearance was perfect. Once she reached the bottom, she ran down the hallway to her mother's throne room. Before she walked in Evie took several deep breaths and tried to straighten out her clothing. She put her shoulders back and walked into the room confidently with her head high.

"Evie, darling, that took you a long time. Maybe we should put you a diet." She said with an evil laugh.

Evie clenched her teeth and made her hands into tight fists. She was only six and her legs were only so long.

"I'll try to do better."

Her mother smiled wickedly at her daughter and gestured her to come closer.

"Now Evie, pick out a story from the shelf and I shall read it to you. You know the rules, anything but Snow White."

Evie ran over to the bookshelf and scanned the books. There were so many different options: The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, The Princess and the Frog. In the end, she grabbed her favorite book since she could remember. She walked over to her mother, who was sitting on her throne and sat down in front of her and handed the book up to her.

"Cinderella again," The Evil Queen said rolling her eyes "Alright then. Once upon a time...."

When the story was over Evie had a huge grin on her face. It always made her happy that Cinderella got her happy ending after a life of horrid chores. She hoped that one day she would find her perfect prince and be whisked off this horrid Isle and taken to Auradon. Evie's mind was running wild with ideas for her wonderful wedding, a gorgeous castle with lots and lots of mirrors, and endless clothes. She was brought back to reality by her mother snapping her name.

"Evie! Stop daydreaming and stop smiling. Smiling will give you wrinkles and then you'll never find your prince. Go upstairs to your room until I say you can come out."

Evie walked fast out of the room and ran up the steps. Once she got to her room she shut the door and ran to the window. There were bars on it to keep her locked it, but between them she was able to look out at the magical land of Auradon, envisioning what it would be like to live there. She turned around and went to her closet and pulled out a music box. She looked at the gorgeous princess on top and wound up the dial so that it would play music. She kept this trinket a secret because if her mother ever found out she had it, she would be locked away forever. Evie stood up and started to dance with a pretend partner and sing along with the music.

"Someday my prince will come.
Someday we'll meet again.
And away to his castle, we'll
go. To be happy forever I know."

Little did she know that her perfect prince wouldn't be a prince at all, but a pirate instead.