Chapter 7

Taylor

I woke up to the smell of fresh peaches invading my nostrils and my hands groping something soft. One of my eyes peeped open and the first thing I saw was a bush of blonde hair, then my hands were wrapped around this person's ass.

"Taylor, get your hand off of my ass." Abigail snapped at me.

Oh.

"It's really soft but firm." I noted.

"You're disgusting." She groaned sitting up in the tent. "God, I'm freezing."

I could almost hear her teeth clattering as she spoke. I sat up and dug around in my bag for a jacket, then handed it to her.

"Thanks," she smiled.

"How'd you get here?" I don't remember anything that happened last night.

"Ethan called me. You were really drunk last night."

"I figured," I said trying to massage the oncoming hangover away. "We should get going, I'm over this party."

"We? I already did what I came here to do, and I overstayed my welcome." She grabbed her sandals and left the tent.

I ran a hand through my hair before standing. Jesus Christ, how much did I drink last night? It felt like there was an elephant tiptoeing on my skull.

"C'mon Abby, you can't just leave like this." I said when I finally caught up with her.

"Leave like what? I'm just going home. You know where I live."

"I'll come with you." I said before I could catch myself.

She raised a brow then shrugged. On the way to her car we ran into Ethan. I tossed him my car keys so he could drive home after his three day expedition was over.

She drove in silence for the first half mile, sometimes humming along to the radio but never saying a word to me.

"I know you're upset." I began.

"I'm not. I'm over it, and you and your trashy attitude." She said, her voice never wavering.

I sat quiet for a moment. I wasn't used to her being this way—straightforward and not taking any shit—it scared me and turned me on at the same time. I can't tell whether it was anger or the cold wind that was blowing through the window as she spend down the highway but her cheeks were bright pink and her lips were pursed together as if she was in deep thought.

"How was your trip?" I took a different approach.

"Eventful. Don't you have a hangover? Maybe you should shut up, and sleep it off."

I chuckled, bringing my arms together. "Feisty." I could see the corners of her lips twitch upwards. "How's that boyfriend of yours?"

"Taylor don't start."

"Hey I'm just asking." I threw my hand up.

"Well don't. We aren't friends."

I sighed. "I'm sorry about that. I don't know why I do some of the things I do, or say things that I don't mean."

She nodded. "It's fine. I'm just about used to it."

"I don't want you to get used to it. That's not me." I frowned. Why was she being so damn difficult?

She pulled up outside my house and sighed. "Get some rest Taylor."

"Can I take you out?"

She raised a brow at me. "Sorry, I have a boyfriend—"