Chapter 19 - See you around.

Taylor

I drug my leg behind me as I walked in a circle around the apartment building. I walked out as far as I can before I heard the sound of the ankle monitor beeping rapidly.

"Fuck me-that little fuckwad Ben is dead." I darted back to the apartment quickly before the damn SWAT gets here. I hadn't even gotten about twenty five meters before this shitty monitor started acting up.

After I was arrested two days ago, I called my uncle and he put his farming on hold to come over here and bail me out. He managed to bribe someone and get me on this ankle shit, rather than doing the time for beating the shit out of Benjamin Dickwad.

I rode the elevator back up to my shared apartment and met Avril sitting with her legs folded on the couch.

"So how far did you get?"

"Not that far," I sighed. "I can't believe I'm stuck with this shit for another two months."

Avril giggled. "You're looking at this the wrong way!" she pulled out a bong and a huge bag of weed.

I grinned, "I'm starting to enjoy having you over."

After an hour of long bong hits, I was way past stoned. I knew Avril was high too by the way that she was twirling around as Drake boomed through the surround sound speakers. I felt as if I was floating, and nothing could bring me down.

"God, I've never felt like this." I said honestly. "What'd you lace this weed with," I asked almost giggling.

"It's pure baby, only the best for you." Avril said, almost cackling.

We raided the cupboards and whipped up food quickly, probably making a mess in the process but who cares. Beth had gone home to her parents yesterday to spend the rest of the vacation so I was pretty much on my own here for Christmas-with Abby.

Although Abby was here, it felt like she was here on business. Coincidentally the old cast of her show were being reunited to do a few Christmas photo shoots this week so she was hardly even here since I got arrested. It was times like these that I thanked God for Avril's company. She didn't stress me out, I didn't have to worry about being publicly humiliated every time something happened-even though she was a millionaire and unlike Abby, I sure as hell didn't have to worry about her making out with some guy because I didn't care whether or not she did, it just wasn't my business.

The terms of the ankle monitor are that I'm not allowed to be anywhere but work, school and home. I couldn't even go for jogs anymore unless I'd be running to school or around the fucking campus. The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to kick Ben's ass.

I don't know how but I'd managed to fall asleep in the couch with Avril after a few hours of being a bum. The sudden jingling of keys at the door woke me from my slumber, almost rolling myself and Avril off of the worn couch.

Abby walked in and observed us both, a frown evident on her face. I thought about fabricating some lie so it wouldn't look as guilty as I felt. I couldn't explain why I felt like I was doing something wrong by simply laying here with a friend.

Just as my lips separated, I saw a shadow behind of her: Ben.

"You've got some fucking nerve." I said, staring at them both incredulously. I had just punched his lights out and he was back for more. I began walking towards them but felt soft fingers wrap around my wrist.

"Relax Taylor, damn." Avril said yawning. She grabbed her things then waltzed out of the room. "I'll see you later."

"Get him out of my fucking sight." My fists were clenched and I was not a menace to be toyed with.